Qlik Community

QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
Now Live: Qlik Sense SaaS Simplified Authoring – Analytics Creation for Everyone: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shree909
Partner - Specialist II
Partner - Specialist II

QDS is overwriting the Allowexecute Command in windows 2008 server

Hi Folks, Recently we updated our qlikview from 11.2 SR 15 to 12.1 SR 8, on windows 2008 Box. To run the external Commands  like  "Execute" modified the  batch file in Settings .ini changed AllowExecuteCommand=1 on C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch When a task is triggered from the QMC, QDS is changing the value from 1 to 0 and qvws are getting failed. When the same upgrade was done on windows 2012 it works fine. Not sure why that is behaving weird , is that due to Windows  server 2008 or something else. Thanks for your help in advance. Thanks sree

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shree909
Partner - Specialist II
Partner - Specialist II
Author

Was able to find out after doing some research Navigate to: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch Settings.ini file Press Enter on the keyboard to insert a blank line below the AllowExecuteCommand=1 line This will apply only to windows 2008 server, with 2012 it works fine. Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies
shree909
Partner - Specialist II
Partner - Specialist II
Author

Was able to find out after doing some research Navigate to: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch Settings.ini file Press Enter on the keyboard to insert a blank line below the AllowExecuteCommand=1 line This will apply only to windows 2008 server, with 2012 it works fine. Thanks

spcpeters
Contributor II
Contributor II

Ran into the same issue, will try out your solution. Thanks!

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Stephan,

Have a look at the Public Qlik Knowledge Base:  https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000030062


If you have further questions, just update the thread.


Best Regards,

Chip

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
rwunderlich

Or read the original blog post. Which has the title spelled correctly 

Authorizing the Script EXECUTE Statement | Qlikview Cookbook

spcpeters
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks both.

I've updated the AllowExecuteCommand=1 setting in the .ini file. The issue I'm running into is the same as the topic poster: the AllowExecuteCommand statement reverts back from 1 to 0. Strangely, this only seems to have occured after a few days. It runs fine in the time before that, with multiple scripts calling external programs.

I just tested the solution of the topic poster of inserting a blank line after the statement, but that also gets reverted back within a couple of minutes.

Running 12.20 SR5 by the way.