cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TusharDev_Qlik
Creator II
Creator II

QDS suddenly throwing access denied error for input file locations

Error: Cannot open file: 'excel config file' (System error: Exists for \ failed: ExistsException \ failed: boost::filesystem::status: Access is denied: io error).

Issue resolved after server restart and tasks started running fine.

Any possible root cause for this?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @TusharDev_Qlik ,

Thanks for posting.

As per the description of the error I would think about such files being in use by another process and hence such IO/access denied issue.

If you ever face this again I would have suggest to try to open such files and see if that would have been possible or not. At the same time I would also suggest to run the process monitor as detailed here -, File Access and Process Monitoring - How to find l... - Qlik Community - 1712539 to detect if the file is locked by another process and detect which process is that.

I do hope this suggestion might help you to debug this issue if ever happens again.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Albert_Candelario

Hello @TusharDev_Qlik ,

Thanks for posting.

As per the description of the error I would think about such files being in use by another process and hence such IO/access denied issue.

If you ever face this again I would have suggest to try to open such files and see if that would have been possible or not. At the same time I would also suggest to run the process monitor as detailed here -, File Access and Process Monitoring - How to find l... - Qlik Community - 1712539 to detect if the file is locked by another process and detect which process is that.

I do hope this suggestion might help you to debug this issue if ever happens again.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer