Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njmaehler
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QMC "Waiting for node"

Hi all,

I have a client on QlikView 12.60 and today all the scheduled tasks did not run. They all timed out after 45 minutes. 
I have manually tried to start the task however the task goes into "pause" mode and the message is "waiting for node". 

Does anyone have any suggestions what could be the issue?
All services are up and running and everything worked 100% yesterday.  
I am able to reload the model via the Desktop application but just not through the QMC.
QlikView 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
njmaehler
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply. A re-start of all the services resolved the issue (even though all were running) and we did initially try restarting  just the QlikView Server  and the QlikView Distribution services.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @njmaehler,

Your description sounds as if you have too many simultaneous tasks running versus the number of available reload engines (cores).  Review the attached Scaling QlikView Publisher.pdf and look at the Optimizing for Stability and Performance - How Many Reload Engines (QVB) to Allow in an Environment section.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
njmaehler
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply. A re-start of all the services resolved the issue (even though all were running) and we did initially try restarting  just the QlikView Server  and the QlikView Distribution services.