Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QMSEDX for V12

Does anyone have a link for the latest version? The only link I've found (which points to Doc-5111 I think) no longer works.

10 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try this one

Using EDX in QlikView 11

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob. I had that information already, as it appears to still be the original version of QMSEDX. There was a newer release, called QMSEDX Enhanced, that was in a doc here in community called DOC-5111, but that seems to have been deleted.

However, I don't think I need it now. After fixing a certificates problem on our server after upgrading from 11.2 to 12.1 this past weekend, the QMSEDX implementation originally set up several years ago is now working. Go figure. But I did get the following response from Tech Support, which I guess I don't need to do now, in case anyone else searches community on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------

There have been some changes to how this functionality works in the later versions of QlikView.  This information is also found in the release notes, that are linked at the bottom of the page.

The QMS API has changed. As a result, the URL version suffix is now 12 and will affect all programs developed using previous versions of the QMS API.  To update a program developed in Visual Studio, do the following:

1. Right-click Service Reference, and then select QMSAPI.

2. Select Configure Service Reference and make sure the Address is pointing to your QMS. For example, http://computername:4799/QMS/Service

3. Right-click Service Reference, and then select QMSAPI.

4. Select Update Service Reference.

Recompile to update the program. If additional issues occur, make sure that nothing in the project points to version 11.

https://community.qlik.com/blogs/supportupdates/2015/12/08/qlikview-12-initial-release-is-now-availa...

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Glad it's working. I should have pointed out that what I meant was the last version works fine on V12

-Rob

maheshacharya12
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Bgarland,

We recently moved from AD authentication to Certification method, and our QMSEDX setup has stopped working with below error:

Failed to create a client to the specified Uri.
The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:59.6249970. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

do we need to change a setting in config file for QMSEDX to set it to work ?

I am attaching the config file here, any help from your side would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey folks, there is a gotcha that I just discovered with a customer about a week ago now.  This ONLY impacts situations where your environment is using Certificate Trust service authentication, and the issue relates to the fact that in this case you need a 'client' cert on the machine that is making the QMS call to trigger the EDX task.  The problem is, there was some security hardening done in the 12.20 track that has caused the QvCertTool.exe, which was used to generate the Client cert, to stop working as well.  

We are working on getting this sorted out, so if you are on later 12.20 SR release and you are running Certificate Trust option for your service authentication, you may run into this issue.  I will try to circle back once we get things sorted out and let everyone know the resolution, but I will definitely do a Support Article on it as well.  Just wanted to get this out there, as I know a handful of customers that use this setup.  If you are experiencing the issue and your setup meets what I explained, please open a Support Case with us, so I can get more weight upon getting the engineers to address this sooner.

Apologies I do not have further details as to the exact root cause of things, but hopefully I can expand upon that after I get the solution.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
KishoreSuri
Creator
Creator

Hi Brett,

We didn't find qvcerttool.exe anywhere, could you please attach the same to us. Because we also facing same issue.

Thanks,
Kishore S
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Try the following article, sorry I never circled back on this one, I obviously lost track of it, but the article should do the trick, much easier setup...

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000037701

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
KishoreSuri
Creator
Creator

Hi Brett,

We have already did the same thing, but we are not succeeded. Please help us from this.

Thanks,
Kishore S
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I can safely say you missed a step somewhere, as I have used this at another customer to get things working, and it worked perfectly...

Regards,
Brett