Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
Sept. 16, Qlik Product Portfolio Strategy and Roadmap for Data Integration 11 AM ET REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III

QV 11 SR1 – Source Document not found error

Environment:

QV 11 SR1

We are in the process of moving to QV 11 SR1 and suddenly most of our Distribution Service tasks failed this morning. All tasks have been tested in QV 11 and (last week) ran fine when run manually. Yesterday we enabled 30 tasks in QV11 SR1 and they ran perfectly. Today we enabled all our tasks (~125) and had 10+ tasks run without error and 106 fail with a ‘Source Document not found error’ in the logs (keep in mind all these tasks worked last week when run manually).

I first checked to ensure that none of the QV Services on the server were stopped, which they were not. I then took at task which ran successfully @ 12:35AM and ran it manually @ 8:30 AM and it failed with the ‘Source Document not found error’. I restarted the server, and reran the same task – it ran successfully. I then selected a task which failed @1AM, and failed when ran manually prior to the server restart and it ran successfully after the restart. There is a time this morning (~1AM) where everything ran without error prior to that time and every task failed after that time – until I restarted the server. After the restart all tasks are running normally.

Obviously, the restart resolved the issue – but I am worried about the stability of the system. I have a ticket opened with QlikTech support but I am wondering if any of you are experiencing this issue.

It does not appear to be the known ‘Source document not found bug’ since we are on SR1, and the tasks do work.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/40533

Thoughts? Are you experiencing this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This issues appears to be resolved for us. We upgraded to QV 11 SR2, and greatly expanded the amount of physical memory in the server. One of these two things resolved our issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Support
Support

It is hard to say with the information that you have given. However, you need to make use you are not using any mapped drives in your setup. You need to use the UNC path \\server name\share  and they service account has rights to the folder where the QVW's are stored.

If you are using ODBC drivers you need to make sure that they are system and not Users DSN.

Bill

Bill - Designated Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This issues appears to be resolved for us. We upgraded to QV 11 SR2, and greatly expanded the amount of physical memory in the server. One of these two things resolved our issue.

View solution in original post

rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your response Bill. You mentioned all good points, but none were relevent in this specific scenerio (I use UNC Paths, security wasn't the issue, and my ODBC drivers are system).