Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV10 Publisher does not notify users when task fails

QV 10 SBE Server and Publisher is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. QMC -- QlikView Server Settings -- SMTP is populated with SMTP server's address, anonymous authentication, a valid sender address and 100 seconds timeout. Three emails are entered that should get an email if reload of a document goes wrong.

A task was created with a deliberate error in script to simulate failure during reload. The task was set up in QEMC. The task indeed failed and generated a log file but no email was sent to the three users. The sender received 3 emails that started with:

OVERRIDDEN MAIL: <user's email that was supposed to get email>

The task "test" failed. Part of the log file...

Email tests from QMC -- Publisher Settings seem to go out just fine. Email tests from QEMC -- System -- Setup -- Remote Management Services -- Mail Server also goes fine (all with Anonymous Authentication method). Emails from .NET also fly fine.

What would cause users to not be notified when a publisher task fails? What setting could I be missing? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. If any details are needed, please let me know.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

QEMC > SYSTEM > SETUP > MAIL SERVER.......

At the bottom of the right hand portion of the screen, under the heading 'Override Email', verify that this is in fact blank (no email address in there). If you have an email address populated in there then that email address and Only that email address will ever receive an alert.

Thanks,

-Scott

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

QEMC > SYSTEM > SETUP > MAIL SERVER.......

At the bottom of the right hand portion of the screen, under the heading 'Override Email', verify that this is in fact blank (no email address in there). If you have an email address populated in there then that email address and Only that email address will ever receive an alert.

Thanks,

-Scott

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a bunch, Scott. That worked. I had an email address typed in the override email input box. After removing it, emails were sent as desired. The setting was right in front of me!! I must pay more attention.