Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV10 Server/Publisher Upgrade from QV9

Hi all,

has anyone experiences with upgrade server/publisher to QV10?

I took the following steps:

1. Check validity of QV-Server/Publisher license (upgrade is not possible with expired license)
  2. Backup files (.qvw, .qvd, .meta, .shared, .pgo, C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\*)
  3. Stop all QV-Services (QVS, QDS, QCC, DSC, QVWS, QMS)
  4. Uninstall QV9
  5. Install QV10-Server (downloaded from http://global.qlik.com/download/)
    1. QV-Server,
    2. QV Reload/Distribution-Engine (Publisher),
    3. Management Console (QEMC, QMC),
    4. QV-WebServer
  6. Install QV10-Dekstop (fat client)
  7. Reboot Windows-Server (starts QV services)
  8. Check Tasks
  9. Check paths in QV Enterprise Mgmt Console QEMC: System / Setup / QV Web Servers / Web / Root Folders

License information are taken automatically.

(System is runing on Windows Server 2008, 64bit, QV Publisher Repository is XML based, QVWS is used as Web Server.)

Ruediger

11 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The step look correct. Not sure why you have to re-license the server. The license information should have stayed after the uninstall. Are you having any issues?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

The steps worked properly.

As post-install I had to check the tasks and some path-settings, as described above. After that it worked fine.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Need your suggestion:

Where does qlikview store the root folder settings in QV9 and which location to restore after migrate to QV10?

Thanks 🙂

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Do you mean the root folder for documents? It shouldn't change unless otherwise specified, since it depends on the system administrator to set up the path where the documents with their corresponding permissions are.

In Windows Vista and newer versions, the default folder is

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents

Older versions

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Documents

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

For example on QV9, my root folder set to D:\Qlikview\Documents\

After upgrade, it's back to default folder and did not automatically point to D:\Qlikview\Documents\

Any idea?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Use QEMC to set that as the root folder (System, Setup, QlikView Servers, click on yours, right side, Folders tab). If you have uninstalled and reinstalled in a different computer, or if you have moved or renamed the QlikTech folder where the settings are, some values are reset to default.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

So if the folder has not been modified QV10 will assume the default folder and no changes are needed?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Gabriel,

Can you please elaborate? You might need to upgrade your settings (a button will appear to migrate from previous version) although I always recommend to uninstall and reinstall when possible.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

I need to migrate all schedules in actual version to QVS 10.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Miguel Angel Baeyens <