cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV11 Server - QV10 Plugin or QV11?

Hi Folks

Quick question for you.....

I have installed QV11 Server, but I'm wondering if I MUST install QV11 Plugin at the same time?

Apart from the obvious issue that QV10 Plugin probably won't support QV11 functionality, are there any other known issues that I might come up against if I stick with QV10 Plugin. We are gradually phasing out use of the plugin client, so I'd rather avoid the IT workload of upgrading this if I can.

Thanks,

Nigel.

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Nigel,

The answer is yes, you must install IE Plugin version 11. It might work using plugin version 10, though, but this is an officially unsupported scenario and personally not a good choice even if you are not using any v11-only functionality.

If you are migrating to the Ajax client, and you plan to do this in a short period of time, then it might make sense to keep version 10 until the IT people get it done, but always bearing in mind that, if something goes wrong, this version mismatch could be a likely cause. I completely understand the IT workload to install any software if the number of computers is large, but anyway...

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

Thanks for the info, it is what I feared you would tell me!

To get this software updated is a process that will take us 8 weeks (yeah I know, completely insane), anyway, my problem right now is that I can't find the plug-in install software to download on the download page, it doesn't appear to be there unless it's embedded in another executable.

Any ideas.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Nigel,

Here you have a couple of ideas:

• Get the MSI installer so the IT people can deploy it using group policies from C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\QlikTech Installations\{4D9D1589-1B36-4F6C-ABC0-3C1E32627EC3} (ID may vary)
  • Make the Plugin appear for all users in the QMC, System, Setup, QlikView Web Servers, AccessPoint, Plugin Download, Show Link checked and pointing to the right folder.

The plugin is no longer available as a separate download in the QlikView Download page, but it comes with both the QlikView Desktop installer and the Server installer (if you choose to install the clients).

Hope that helps.

Miguel