Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ranjanac
Contributor III
Contributor III

QVD distribution & Issues

Hi All,

Could you please let me know,

1. what is QVD distribution in Qlikview & how it works ?
  2. Is it where QVD's are generated or stored? or it is different ?
  3. And, what kind of issues we can actually faced in QVD distribution ? How to resolve those ?

Could you please guide along with some scenarios ?

Thanks & Regards,

Ranjana

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Ranjanac , please make sure to post QlikView questions in the QlikView forum. I moved it here.
As @Vegar said, "QVD Distribution" is not part of the standard terminology, so it's difficult for us to understand what you are referring to. Do you have any link where that is mentioned?
What you usually distribute is QVWs or QVFs (new format, adapted from Qlik Sense). Or PDF reports, if the key is enabled on your publisher.
You can store a QVD in your preferred location, but that is not called a "distribution".

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

QVD distribution l is not a commonly used term. Can you please explain a bit more in detail what you are trying to understand?

Ranjanac
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I wanted to understand  the term "QVD distribution" in detail. What is it exactly ? and how it works ? 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

The reason why i am asking is that QVD distribution is not a commonly used term. In order to help you, I think you need to point us to the rights direktion in order to understand your question.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Ranjanac , please make sure to post QlikView questions in the QlikView forum. I moved it here.
As @Vegar said, "QVD Distribution" is not part of the standard terminology, so it's difficult for us to understand what you are referring to. Do you have any link where that is mentioned?
What you usually distribute is QVWs or QVFs (new format, adapted from Qlik Sense). Or PDF reports, if the key is enabled on your publisher.
You can store a QVD in your preferred location, but that is not called a "distribution".

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Vegar
MVP
MVP

@Ranjanac 

Maybe Steve Dark's old blog post, https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-qvd-files/, can be a starter for you?

Ranjanac
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the clarification @Vegar  & @Daniele_Purrone , i think i got confused between QDS and QVD .