Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVDistributionService - CPU usage

Hello,

We have installed QV11 SR2 Update 2 on our TEST-server, but we are having some problems with the CPU usage of the DistributionService.

Just a little bit about our environment:

OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (64 bit edition)

Physical RAM(MB): 32767

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7420 @ 2.13GHz

We have 15+ reports, some of them are large reports (up to 750 MB)

The problem:

The QVDistributionService is spiking to a near 100% and locks our server. It seems that the only thing that can correct this problem is to restart the service every 24 hours. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Do you know if there a known issues with this service, such as memory leaks?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have just been in touch with QlikTech, and they can inform me that it is a known bug from Microsoft:

This is now a known bug from Microsoft, please check so you have this fix installed from windows update: KB2600217

Control Panel / Programs and Features / View installed updates

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28936

I'll try this and post back here if it worked or not

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi.

Hard to say.

Is it a virtual machine, single core?

What are you running on the server, more than the QDS?

Maybe you need to change the parameters in the performance tab…

I need a lot of log files to solve this type of problems…

Maybe you can contact QlikTech for help.

//Daniel Ohlsson

Affecto Sweden AB

Not applicable
Author

Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

It is a Dual core non-virtual machine. We are running QVS and QVP as well on this server. And we are using it throughout the day for developing (both on MSSQL and QV). I have tried different settings in the performance-tab without success, and I have also contacted QlikTech before we were on the SR2 Update 2 version where they adviced me to install Update 2. I'll contact QlikTech again to see if they have some ideas.

Not applicable
Author

I have just been in touch with QlikTech, and they can inform me that it is a known bug from Microsoft:

This is now a known bug from Microsoft, please check so you have this fix installed from windows update: KB2600217

Control Panel / Programs and Features / View installed updates

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28936

I'll try this and post back here if it worked or not