Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_ehnert
Contributor
Contributor

QVS Off Duty

Hi all,

I have an issue with our QlikView Service. Since today the QVS service is showing "Off Duty" and I am not sure why. I already read through some articles, but have not found a solution yet. Here a the things I tried;

1. The LEF was expired, however I could renew it without any problems.  I also cleared the license and reapplied it again.

2. There should be no second server with the same license.

3. I reentered the credentials for the service accounts. All service accounts use the same credentials.

4. I renamed the settings.ini and let QlikView create a new one. After applying the license, it again is "Off duty".

I have attached 2 log files. 

Does anybody have an idea what could cause this issue?

Thanks.

Daniel

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @daniel_ehnert,

Suggest that you start by reviewing Qlik knowledgebase article Unable to start QlikView Server Service - Status Message: Off Duty.  Since you stated there are no other QVS server up and running with the same license number, skip the first entry in the Resolution and check the remaining entries.

What is the full build version of QlikView Server (i.e. 12.60.20200)?

Have you checked the QlikView Management Service (QMS) logs?  You may want to put them in debug mode while troubleshooting.  QMC > System > Setup > Management Service > General tab > Debug logging radio button > Qlik Apply

Can you provide the QMS log as well?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @daniel_ehnert,

Suggest that you start by reviewing Qlik knowledgebase article Unable to start QlikView Server Service - Status Message: Off Duty.  Since you stated there are no other QVS server up and running with the same license number, skip the first entry in the Resolution and check the remaining entries.

What is the full build version of QlikView Server (i.e. 12.60.20200)?

Have you checked the QlikView Management Service (QMS) logs?  You may want to put them in debug mode while troubleshooting.  QMC > System > Setup > Management Service > General tab > Debug logging radio button > Qlik Apply

Can you provide the QMS log as well?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!