cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QVS Server service connection problem.

On March 30, 2023, there was a problem connecting to the server's QVS Server service.
The service QVS@njvpd160 was showing as disconnected in the QlikView Management Console, but when inspecting the services running on the server it appeared to be running fine.
I was able to fix this only by restarting the server.
The issue occurred on March 30 between 1:30pm and 2:30pm Server Time (EST).

I would like to know why this problem occurred.
Attached is the event log.
Please let me know if there is anything that needs further confirmation.
Please reply if possible.

Thanks & Regards.

<Server information>
QlikView Server: 12.10.20500.0
Windows Server 2019 Standard

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

Suggest you start by reviewing the QlikView Management Service (QMS) logs and the QlikView Server (QVS) logs for the date/timestamp of the QVS service showing as disconnected. Secondarily, you could also check the Windows Event Viewer System and Application logs for the same timeframe.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

If It happens more often you may investigate the matter. By just occasionally occurrences it's not worth. Causes for such issues are usually a too high workload on the server and/or the network and any authentication failed respectively didn't response in a certain time.

That the services.exe is further running within the task-manager is no sign that the service is working properly - only the QMC will show it.

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I would like to investigate an issue that occurs occasionally. Could you please advise me on which areas I should check? If possible, I would appreciate your response."

Thank you.

marcus_sommer

The first think to check would be the various log-files from QlikView and the OS - especially the application/event/performance-logs. It's not easy to detect if there is only a single issue and the exact time is unknown ...

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

Suggest you start by reviewing the QlikView Management Service (QMS) logs and the QlikView Server (QVS) logs for the date/timestamp of the QVS service showing as disconnected. Secondarily, you could also check the Windows Event Viewer System and Application logs for the same timeframe.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!