cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhard_jakubec
Contributor III
Contributor III

QVServer - random files without extension bloat user document folder

This morning i got some warnings about my server disk storage filled. After some investigation i found a bunch of random named files like fe9bb0b6-51ba-46b3-9ce4-23bd35f93872 without externsion within user doc folder (publishing location for acces point).

All of them have creation / change date at least one or several months in the past. None of them is currently in use or locked since i could rename / relocate them without any warning. Sizes range from 0 kb up to 3 gb.

Does anyone have an idea or found similar relict or fragment?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

Yes we get these ever now and again, most of the time it occurs when we have some network issues.

I believe that this happens when the qvw is being copied to the userdocs folder since the copy process creates a file with a temporary name and then after deleting the existing qvw of the same target name the temporary file is renamed to the correct name, therefore if anything interrupts that process the temporary file gets left behind.

HTH

Adrian  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

Yes we get these ever now and again, most of the time it occurs when we have some network issues.

I believe that this happens when the qvw is being copied to the userdocs folder since the copy process creates a file with a temporary name and then after deleting the existing qvw of the same target name the temporary file is renamed to the correct name, therefore if anything interrupts that process the temporary file gets left behind.

HTH

Adrian  

gerhard_jakubec
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for sharing your experience. Seems perfectly reasonable that failed / interrupted publishing tasks can possibly leave those debries behind and also look alike temp working files.

Also relocating those files didn't interfere my cluster operation. I'll set up a routine houskeeping script soon.

Thank you !