Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVW with 100 text objectswith no datamodel taking 15 seconds to load on accesspoint

Dear All,

I have a QVW with 100 text objects.

Out of 100 , 40 text objects contains links to my dashboard and rest is for the description.

The QVW of 417 KB takes more than 15-20 seconds to just load on the accesspoint which is way too long in a top management review meeting every week.

I have also tried "preload" option from QMC but it didnt reduce the load time.

Server is of 24 core processor with 64 GB RAM & 64 bit OS.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sarang M. Mehta

8 Replies
kiranmanoharrode
Creator III
Creator III

Please post sample application for better understanding.........

Not applicable
Author

Dear Kiran,

PFA the sample QVW.

thanks for the help.

Regards,

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

It appears the issue is with the lines. These are png images and using fiddler I see they are talking a long time to load. In IE8 I am seeing the slowest, but with IE10 the load speed is very good.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I am using IE 9.

Also the lines are not images..... they are simple line / arrow object.

What do you mean by fiddler.

Please help.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Fiddler is a HTML capture tool. With it you can see the load times of items on a web page. The lines and arrow objects are displayed as PNG objects.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

thanks Bill for the understanding.

The above mentioned application can be accessed faster on chrome.

I installed IE 10 but none of the dashboards open on IE 9 or IE 10.

However the same dashboards can be easily accessed through chrome using the same credentials.

Regards,

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI Sarang,

What version of QlikView are you running? Need to check to see if IE 10 is supported in that version.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I am using QV 11.0 SR2 for desktop as well as server and it does support IE 9.

Surprisingly, the same dashboards can be accessed through IE 9 on machine no. 1 & 2 where as  on machine no. 3,4 & 5  - only accesspoint and list of dashboards can be seen but cannot see the actual dashboard.

Regards,