Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor

QVW with Macros to publish excel report to Share point

Hello Everyone,

Task in QMC is keep on running w/o result.

Task will execute batch file, the batch file will run QVW which has  Macros to publish report to Sharepoint.

Recently i have done changes to macros in QVW to update new sharepoint email. When tested it is working fine in DEV. The same QVW is not working in UAT and PROD. 

Note - Still the DEV version is working fine.

Can you please help to fix this issue?

Thanks 

Anand

Labels (1)
13 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It might very well be that the user account in UAT and PROD is not the same and thus does not have the same access rights for SharePoint. You should capture the output of your batch file and also check with your administrators about which user account the UAT and PROD is using and whether this has the same access to SharePoint.

nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor
Author

There are Separate FID's for each environment. All the FID'S have  same access to Mail server.

I think there should not be any issues with access. 

Thanks

Anand

nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Can anyone please let me know what could be the issue here?

nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Batch script when executed manually (double click .bat file) on server is working fine. But when i execute the same batch file from QMC using external program , task is initiated and stuck/hung. In the log file i see the last step as executing the .bat file.

The issue is only if i execute the task from QMC. Will there be any macros restrictions when running as a service?

I am stuck with this issue since last week. Can any one please throw some light on this issue.?

Thanks

Anand

marcus_sommer

It looked that there is any user-access and/or security-rights not correct set. Maybe you get a hint to the cause if you enables an output of the batch into a txt-file, like: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-save-command-output-file-using-command-prompt-or-powershell .

- Marcus

nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Batch file is not executing after i enable output to txt file. Throws message "Failed to open document". Below are the before and after commands. Please let me know if i am missing anything here.

Before:

command in batch file w/o out put - "C:\program files\qlikview\qv.exe" /vExportData=Yes "Export Daily by Country.qvw"

After:

Updated command to enable output - "C:\program files\qlikview\qv.exe" /vExportData=Yes "Export Daily by Country.qvw" > "c:\Develop\output.txt"

or

"C:\program files\qlikview\qv.exe" /vExportData=Yes "Export Daily by Country.qvw" > c:\Develop\output.txt

marcus_sommer

I'm not really an expert in regard to track the execution of a batch-file - I just did it once or twice and know that's possible. Therefore I suggest you search for your type of batch in google to further examples - there might be various differences in the syntax (number and kind of spaces, quotes, number and kind of >, ...) if it's a cmd or a bat or another type and also how the commands are specified.

Another thing which I observed is that there is no path specified for the qvw - batches are sometime tricky in such things.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just want to try to move this one forward, we found one part of the problem was the Desktop client was running as Personal Edition, so that was the main issue of the app not opening and that is now resolved. 

The current issue is in the macro side of things, pretty sure things are launching, but I am not an expert in how to kick a message out of the VB code when things are running as a service, which is what is needed at this point to see where exactly things are getting hung up in the macro code. 

The task does not end currently due to the 'Quit' statement in the macro code never being reached, that is what kills the QV.exe process and in turn ends the task properly in Publisher.  If anyone has any ideas on how to throw out something like a msgbox message when things are running as a service, that would be most helpful at this point.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor
Author

service account running the task is having administrator access. Is there any local security policy need to be applied to service account?