Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

QVplugin 11, not installing / available as option on access point

Hi All,

This is probably a really really stupid question... however....

I've just tried to install the QVplugin on my local machine, I did have 9 installed but I removed it and took the 11 exe from our server.

When I run this, it installs QVpluginsetup which is visible in control panel. I was expecting just to see QVplugin in there as per the version 9, not with 'setup' attached to it as this implies there is further setup required?

When I go to the access point, I am only getting the full browser option, the plugin is not an option there....

Labels (1)
21 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Adam,

One more thing , are you using window 8 version in your system. In case if you are using the window 8 version than you will face this roblem because version 8 is not supporting this till QV 11 SR 1.

Thanks,

D J

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Hi Both,

I am using a win7 x64 machine but we have tried an x86 also.

The MS installer hasn't prompted me for any updates so I assume it is the latest one.

I might have to get the latest server download and see if I can extract the plugin from that, its very strange!

Not applicable

Hi Adam,    

Just for your information after some verification have been done on my environment. I will still have the "Internet Explorer Plugin" option available on Access Point even without QVPlugin installed.

Meanwhile, the newer version of QV Plugin's installed program name is "QVPluginSetup" and it's working perfectly for me.

Try to check through your QV Server and Client 's event log for any error being logged.

Regards,

Kho

Not applicable

Hi Adam,

do you have access to the QlikView Management Console?

If yes, check the box "Show Link" in QlikView Web Servers:
QlikView Web Server.png

As you know, there is no need to have the PlugIn for users which have the "fat client".

Users without the fat client should use the link (visible on the access point) to install only the PlugIn.

Regards

Dieter

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Hi Kho,

Thank you that is really useful!

Its very strange, I can't understand why it does work if I roll back to version 9 but I will have a look through everything!

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Hi Dieter,

Thank you, downloading the plugin is not a problem, I can get it from the access point link and I have also taken a copy of it directly from the folder on the server

The issue seems to be with the install but I will continue to play!

Not applicable

Hi Adam,

What is your version of QV Server ? same version as the plugin ?

Regards,

Kho

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Are you using the IE X64? That might be your problem.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Hi Bill,

I tried on IE x64, it work as normal. Yet even more faster than x86's IE due to bigger memory allocation.

Regards,

Kho

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

could you please point out how I can enable the IE plugin option, i.e. where inside the QMC.
And does this directly affect the way in which I open it from Access Point; do I have to select 'open with IE plugin' or something similar?

Regards,
Juho