Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nugcoo
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik View Personal Edition

If someone else opens a qlik view file I created on my personal edition qlikview does it make it so I can no longer open it?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

AFAIK this is the intended behaviour because the personal edition is aimed for the personal use and not sharing the applications.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

marcus_sommer

If you have at least one licence-key switch left you may do it. Be aware that you could do this only 4 times before your installation becomes invalid. Therefore it's not recommended to do any sharing in any way with the applications. The licence-key switch is only aimed for cases in which essential hardware-parts like the mainboard is replaced or there is a move to a new machine.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK this is the intended behaviour because the personal edition is aimed for the personal use and not sharing the applications.

- Marcus

nugcoo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Marcus, so if i recover it I will be able to use it again?

marcus_sommer

If you have at least one licence-key switch left you may do it. Be aware that you could do this only 4 times before your installation becomes invalid. Therefore it's not recommended to do any sharing in any way with the applications. The licence-key switch is only aimed for cases in which essential hardware-parts like the mainboard is replaced or there is a move to a new machine.

- Marcus