Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik View Publisher: looking for automation solution to manage the publisher settings

I am looking for automation solution to manage the publisher settings and want to add the new "Source document Folders Path" under publisher settings using APIs or any other programmatically way.

I looked into the QMS APIs, but didn't' find any API that changes the publisher settings, Please let me know if there is any automation solution to manage the publisher settings and to append the new "Source document Folders Path" into Qlikview publisher?

QlikView server/publisher version number 10.0.8811.6

1 Reply
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's probably a lot more trouble than it's worth to implement a solution that would do this. You would need to update the QVPR XML files as well as all Workorder XML files, while cross-referencing IDs, etc. If you take a look at those XML files, you can see how it works. For example, DistributionDetail.xml will contain records that reference QVSResource, which is in turn defined in QlikViewServerResource.xml. All these files are standalone, but all reference each other. The Workorder files are a different beast, and kind of combine the QVPR files into a coherent to-do list.

Regards,