Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdeptQlikviewer
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik document freezes for one user

Hello,

I have a problem with one of my QlikView applications. After I publish it on server using Publisher one of users is unable to open this Qlik document while all other users are not experiencing any problems.  After he chooses to do so, Desktop Qlikview app freezes(He doesn't see any sheets only frozen first one), and it is needed to use task manager to close it. He tried on different devices and it is all the same. I don't think it has anything to do with security either - even giving admin permissions doesn't change a thing - app still freezes. Would you kindly give me some advice how I should debug it? Are there any user specific logs that are saved on server or mayby I could add something to my app script directly? 

Thanks in advance

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just adding an Article link to assist with the potential off-screen dialog piece:

QlikView Desktop WindowPOS keys in Settings.ini 

Agree with all of Marcus' comments, if the above is not it, then I would check for server objects they have created in the Shared file via the QMC\Documents\User Documents, as the Admin, you can clear any of those related to the document in question and see if that allows them to open things.  Please be sure to return to the thread to leave an update or mark Marcus' response using the Accept as Solution button if that did work for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

There are various reasons possible - for example the application is too large for all tried devices, there are any OnOpen / OnActivateSheet or similar actions/macros in place, the user created any own server-objects which are too heavy or may be corrupt in some way (take a look on the shared-file), any section access is applied, there is any popup-window open behind other windows or outside from the screen waiting on any confirmation and probably some more ...

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just adding an Article link to assist with the potential off-screen dialog piece:

QlikView Desktop WindowPOS keys in Settings.ini 

Agree with all of Marcus' comments, if the above is not it, then I would check for server objects they have created in the Shared file via the QMC\Documents\User Documents, as the Admin, you can clear any of those related to the document in question and see if that allows them to open things.  Please be sure to return to the thread to leave an update or mark Marcus' response using the Accept as Solution button if that did work for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.