Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.
We are using QlikView 10 System Monitor dashboard.
It was failig to refresh from last 2 days.
While refreshing through QMC it we are getting the error message as below:
8/18/2014 4:52:37 PM: 0740 FROM C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\TaskResults\TaskResult_*.xml (XmlSimple, Table is [Root/LogFinalEntries/LogFinalEntry])
8/18/2014 4:52:37 PM: Error: XML document must have a top level element.
8/18/2014 4:52:37 PM: On line number: 0. On column number: 0. System ID: file:///C:/ProgramData/QlikTech/DistributionService/TaskResults/TaskResult_9267342f-3e30-493f-a0bf-d....
8/18/2014 4:52:37 PM: General Script Error
8/18/2014 4:52:37 PM: Execution Failed
8/18/2014 4:52:37 PM: Execution finished.
Then we opened the XML File, saved it and closed it. After that we did a reload through QMC and it ran successfully.
So, Could anyone please tell me what was the issue and how to resolve this issue, so that in future if we get this kind of issue, we can resolve it.
Thanks in advance
do you have latest version of the same?
If not you can get it from below link.
Consider to have a look at Governance Dashboard.
Which is officially supported by Qlik.
We are using QV10 system monitor dashboard.
Could you please tell me how to check the version of the dashboard because in the help option it's showing the QlikView version.
Have a look at attached image.
I don't think there is direct way.
This optio is not available in my version. And we care not using 5.2 version.
Is there any other ways to resolve this issue?
Try by upgrading to latest version is the easiest solution.
Or else you need to deep drive to find out the route cause.
Try by enabling document log file.
Does it work manually.
Check server logs. etc
Ok Thanks for your reply. I will check those logs.
No it runs on schedule job trigger.
I have faced the same issue for some days, and the problem seems to be related to an empty XML file in the TaskResults subfolder. In your case, it was:
By simply renaming that file extension to .xml_EMPTY instead of .xml, the reload task in Publisher worked fine again for the QV System Monitor. I guess the file could have been deleted as well.
I think the file was empty because some Publisher task was manually aborted and the system was unable to write it.
It is not usual, but it can happens.
I have changed the file extension from .xml to .xml_EMPTY. I am getting error message that file path not found. I tried in refresh of the application in desktop and QMC also. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
My version is QlikView System Monitor v5.1.23. There is a point in the script where TaskResult_*.xml files are loaded: ...
FROM $(QDS1DistributionSeviceDirectory)\TaskResults\TaskResult_*.xml (XmlSimple, Table is [Root/LogFinalEntries/LogFinalEntry])
The file I renamed still survives in my server distribution service TaskResults folder as: TaskResult_82194630-9934-4952-ab96-05fbcd2fcb94.xml_EMPTY, with size 0 KB, and it is properly ignored every day when the system monitor is reloaded in Publisher.
Since your error regards a file path not found, I would check that everything is accurately configured in the Setup tab in your document. It sounds that something is misconfigured (e.g. QDS1DistributionSeviceDirectory). The values must be adjusted for your server and the document saved with these settings and reloaded there.