cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QlikView AccessPoint opendoc object tag compatibility issue

Upgraded QlikView from April 2019 SR1 12.40.20100.0 to April 2021 SR2 12.60.20200.0

seheon_1-1653296479781.png

However, the Opendoc.htm file is not updated, and the old 12.40.20100 is applied.

I change this to 12.60.20200.0, and when I open qvw in AccessPoint, clicking or any other motion doesn't work.

1. In the opendoc.htm file, apply the object tag version as 12.40.20100.0 and qvw opens well in AccessPoint. Does this open with plug-in version 12.40.20100.0?

2. If the object tag version is applied as 12.60.20200.0 in opendoc.htm, the qvw file of the AccessPoint is opened, but it is not working properly. Is this a compatibility problem with the object tag itself?
Or is it something else?

3. Is there any way to replace this object part?
How can I apply the 12.60.20200.0 version?

Please answer.
thank you.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This tag is used to update the plugin version.

So, if I set it to codebase="/QvPlugin/QvPluginSetup.exe#version=12,60,20100,0" I am saying I want to update any plugin version lower that 12.20.20100.0, This is on less than current version which in my case is 12.60.20200.0. If you set the version to 12,60,20200,0 it will try to upgrade the 12.60.20200 every time someone opens a document in AccessPoint with the plugin client.

Also, if you try to use this to upgrade the plugin, you need to change QvPluginSetup.msi to QvPluginSetup.exe

The below image is what the user will see if they are using an older plugin.
You can also use  <div>This text will be replaced by main control</div> to display a message to the users.

Install boxInstall box

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Yes, it is only for validating the version of the plugin and forcing an upgrade.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This tag is used to update the plugin version.

So, if I set it to codebase="/QvPlugin/QvPluginSetup.exe#version=12,60,20100,0" I am saying I want to update any plugin version lower that 12.20.20100.0, This is on less than current version which in my case is 12.60.20200.0. If you set the version to 12,60,20200,0 it will try to upgrade the 12.60.20200 every time someone opens a document in AccessPoint with the plugin client.

Also, if you try to use this to upgrade the plugin, you need to change QvPluginSetup.msi to QvPluginSetup.exe

The below image is what the user will see if they are using an older plugin.
You can also use  <div>This text will be replaced by main control</div> to display a message to the users.

Install boxInstall box

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Is this tag used only for plugin update?

If this tag is set to 12.40.20100.0, AccessPoint's qvw opens well, but if it is set to 12.60.20200.0, it does not open well.

Are there any other influences?

Please answer.
thank you.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Yes, it is only for validating the version of the plugin and forcing an upgrade.