Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikView - Creating reload task after applying unified license

Dear All,

I just applied a unified license for one of my clients.

All reload tasks are gone and I can't manage to recreate them.

I did notice that it is now in "Source Documents" under "Documents" and I am used to Qlik Sense, thus I'm not that lost. However, I can't understand where I am supposed to identify my application....

Hence, I can't link the task with a specific application....

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @gerald_lebret

If your client's previous LEF based license didn't include Publisher and the new unified license does, any previously defined tasks are deleted when the QlikView Publisher license is activated.  Refer to the online QlikView Help - Installing QlikView Server > Completing the Installation > Licensing for details.

The QlikView Help - Documents gives a great explanation of Source Documents and User Documents.

In order to configure QVW files as Source Documents, first review the online QlikView Help - Source Documents.  Then, open the QMC > System > Setup > Distribution Services > QDS@ > General tab > Source Folders Path and set the path to location to the QVWs you want to create tasks based on.  This will populate QMC > Documents > Source Documents with QVWs for you to create tasks from (expand the green cog wheel icon next to QDS@).

1. Highlight QVW file under the Source Documents listed in the left pane and click the green plus sign in upper right
  2. Cycle through the tabs and enter the relevant information you need for your task
  3. Click Apply button when done to create task 
  4. Note that a task is now displayed under the QVW it is associated with in the left pane

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @gerald_lebret

If your client's previous LEF based license didn't include Publisher and the new unified license does, any previously defined tasks are deleted when the QlikView Publisher license is activated.  Refer to the online QlikView Help - Installing QlikView Server > Completing the Installation > Licensing for details.

The QlikView Help - Documents gives a great explanation of Source Documents and User Documents.

In order to configure QVW files as Source Documents, first review the online QlikView Help - Source Documents.  Then, open the QMC > System > Setup > Distribution Services > QDS@ > General tab > Source Folders Path and set the path to location to the QVWs you want to create tasks based on.  This will populate QMC > Documents > Source Documents with QVWs for you to create tasks from (expand the green cog wheel icon next to QDS@).

1. Highlight QVW file under the Source Documents listed in the left pane and click the green plus sign in upper right
  2. Cycle through the tabs and enter the relevant information you need for your task
  3. Click Apply button when done to create task 
  4. Note that a task is now displayed under the QVW it is associated with in the left pane

Best Regards

gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you very much Chip_Matejosky.

The distribution service setup was indeed missing.

My issue is now solved

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Excellent news @gerald_lebret, glad I was able to help.