Skip to main content

QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2023, a live, in-person thrill ride. Save $300 before February 6: REGISTER NOW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devbaghda
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView - May 2021 IR fails to start after installation

QlikView - May 2021 IR fails to start after installation. It literally does nothing. 

the log file updates wtih the following :

20210930T143659.284+0300 Invalid parameter handler set
20210930T143659.286+0300 ComputerName is [my_computer_name]
20210930T143659.286+0300 Engine Version is 12.60.20100+2021-09-14 11:22:27+acd9be2
20210930T143659.396+0300 Locale(s) set
20210930T143659.931+0300 QHeap initialized
20210930T143659.931+0300 Running in desktop mode
20210930T143659.934+0300 Initiating server license.
20210930T143659.936+0300 Initiating ExtEngine.
20210930T143659.937+0300 Initialization complete.

Anyone can help on this?

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
devbaghda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@marcus_sommer and @Chip_Matejowsky  thanks for your efforts. Eventually Windows reset helped me. I believe there was something wrong in registry, because it seemed like something crashing after launch. Now it works properly and I'm adding program after program and checking if it influences the QV launch or not.  

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @devbaghda,

Did you install QV Server or QV Desktop?  

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
devbaghda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

QV desktop

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Suggest you start by looking at the Windows Event Viewer Application logs right after attempting to open QV Desktop.

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
devbaghda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I tried. Nothing concerning QV appears there. 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Ah, have you confirmed that the computer you're attempting to install QV Desktop May 2021 IR meets the system requirements?  Do you also have this issue on other computers?  Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
devbaghda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The PC is AND Ryzen 5500, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Edition, with a lot of space for installation. ODBC drivers updated, Net framework updated.

Reinstalled several times, nothing has changed. After double click on Qv it shows like processing, Qv.exe shows up in task manager and after a couple of seconds disappears and that's it. The only information I receive is the Qv log file change (see in the issue description)

marcus_sommer
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

If it wasn't done yet - remove (after a BACKUP) the settings.ini and try it again.

- Marcus

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@debaghda,

Marcus's post about the Settings.ini file reminded me of something.  Are you using multiple monitors with your computer?  If yes, have a look at the QV Desktop Settings.ini file, by default located in %Users%<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView.  Remove all contents under the [WindowsPos] section and try launching QV Desktop again.  Sometimes the QV Desktop display position can get "lost" between multiple displays, and removing the [WindowsPos] will reset position to default.

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
devbaghda
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Chip_Matejowsky and @marcus_sommer , thanks a lot for your support. No I don't use multiple monitors, I'm working on laptop only.

I tried to delete Settings.ini as you suggested. There is some effect, but still nothing valuable happens. A window shows up suggesting to choose a language and after choosing it everything is the same. I attached a screen recording of what happens. 

In initial Setinng.ini I have the following :

 [QlikView]
ExamplesFolder=Examples
[Settings 7]
InterfaceLanguage=Russian
InstalledLIBID110={15B258E8-415E-11D1-934D-0040333C91CC}
ServerLogFolder=C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikView

After delete and Qv launch, new Setting.ini appears with the following content:

[Settings 7]
ServerLogFolder=C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikView
InterfaceLanguage=English
HelpLanguage=