Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

QlikView May 2023 - QVF

Hi Guys,

i've just patched my QV server and client to may 2023

now everything saves as a QVF as opposed to a QVW

can anyone please explain whats going on /why etc? This led me to delete a distribution task and rebuild as the task was attached to the legacy QVW. Did i do the right thing?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @wonkymeister ,

The customer would need to edit the QV Desktop Settings.ini file to add QvDefaultFileFormat=qvw as detailed in Qlik KB article QlikView May 2022 (12.70): .qvf is the new default file format for saving files - how to change that....

Attached is a screen capture of the Settings.ini file for my username. The customer would need to add the entry to the QV Desktop Settings.ini for all users who use QV Desktop. They can push out the entry via Windows Group Policy or Microsoft SCCM.  See Qlik KB article How to change the settings.ini in QlikView Desktop for more details.

Chip_Matejowsky_0-1689332581702.png

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Correct. When you choose Save As you'll have the below option

Chip_Matejowsky_0-1689334722681.png

Best Regards

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Chirantha
Support
Support

With the May 2022 release the QVF format will be the default file format for new documents. Qlik has set the QVF format as the default format in QlikView because it offers several advantages over the QVW format. One of the main benefits of the QVF format is that it allows for better performance and scalability, as it is optimized for use with Qlik’s new generation of server and cloud-based products as discussed here

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

so any future dev i make to existing qvw files, i'll have to rebuild the load task(s)?

cheers

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @wonkymeister ,

The customer would need to edit the QV Desktop Settings.ini file to add QvDefaultFileFormat=qvw as detailed in Qlik KB article QlikView May 2022 (12.70): .qvf is the new default file format for saving files - how to change that....

Attached is a screen capture of the Settings.ini file for my username. The customer would need to add the entry to the QV Desktop Settings.ini for all users who use QV Desktop. They can push out the entry via Windows Group Policy or Microsoft SCCM.  See Qlik KB article How to change the settings.ini in QlikView Desktop for more details.

Chip_Matejowsky_0-1689332581702.png

Best Regards

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Chip - thanks for reply.

if i didnt make any changes to the ini would it matter? Could i just continue to save as default (qvf) and delete and rebuild tasks in order that tasks run OK?

i.e can i be ignorant (bar the task rebuild) to the change of file name?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@wonkymeister,
QlikView will work just the same with both of the file types. It is just a matter of preference.

Best Regards

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

ah so i can still save as QVW? cheers

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Correct. When you choose Save As you'll have the below option

Chip_Matejowsky_0-1689334722681.png

Best Regards