Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

QlikView Publisher being used with QV EE Test Server

Scenario:

QV EE Test Server (Test environment) installed as well as QV EE Server (Prod environment)

Desired Outcome:

QV Publisher can used to support distribution for both Test and Prod environment.

Questions:

1. Can QV Publisher distribute to a Test machine and Prod machines?

2. Is there a QV Test Publisher?

3. Impact of using QV Publisher for Test?

4. Impact of using QV Publisher for Test and Prod simultaneously?

5. Additional license requirements?

6. Restrictions?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Greg,

You can use publisher to publish documents to both servers. You just have to set it up in the QMC by making sure you have both server listed.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

may be we can not have more than one user document folder

using publisher we can schedule application from both server. but i believe distribution shold be in same folder

and prod User document and Test User document should be difference.i this answers all your questions above.

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Greg,

You can use publisher to publish documents to both servers. You just have to set it up in the QMC by making sure you have both server listed.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Hi Bill,

Using Greg's environment as an example, but, assuming the Test Server is using QV "Test License" instead of the Real Server License, is still possible to have Publisher also publish documents to both EE Production and EE Test Server?

(If I'm not mistaken, you can only utilize Publisher if have EE version...SBE won't work with publisher. I'm just not sure if there's Test License for EE or it's only made for SBE).

If such is doable, would you kindly help suggesting where I configure the Publisher to publish to 2 different servers? (I will take a look at the QV Server Manual Ref...but it would be helpful if there's other sources as well). I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Anton

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You can use publisher for SBE also.

Bill

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Thanks Bill,

I appreciate your prompt response.

Best regards,

Anton