cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergio
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView Real Time Server

Hi to all, i need some information about this functionality of the server (server, licences needed, versions, etc...) where can i find it. I was looking fot it on the qlikview web but, i can´t find some specific information.

Thanks in advance to all!!

Greetings!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

Real time will consume memory whenever reload is required.

I have not experienced this personally.

Its always recomended to be updated with latest version.

But I suggest you to wait for Servise release 2 for version 10.

Which will be going to released by the end of this month.

Also make a note that as qlikview is in memory analysis tool it will required high ram.

Appropriate ram required can be calculated upon compleation on application developement.

Also I suggest to go with 64 bit P.C instead of 32 as performance with 64 bit is higher then that of 32 bit

Hope this helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

for real time server you need to have Enterprise Addition of qlikview server + additional License to support Real time feature.

With real time capability you can update data without reloading compleate application from server.

For more details about licensing

Please contact your Sales Manager

Hope that helps.

Regards

ASHFAQ

sergio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks ASHFAQ, that helps a lot, and what about the performance of this feature?? Any experience with it?? And, for example, the dynamic update it's triggered only from macros or the publisher/server can be configured to reload one table only??

I ask for performance because, some time ago i went to the presentation of QV9.0 in my country...and they showed this tool with a simple excel file and it looks really slow...i think maybe thats for the hardware of the demostration or the configuration...but it left me a lot of questions...

I also read that in versions like QV9.0 SR3 and earlier it doesn´t work well...i ask this because actually in the company where i am we use QV9.0 SR3...

And what about this in QV10?? Any experience??

Sorry for the questions but i want to know real experiences with this tool...before asking the sales manager for this.

Thanks again!

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

Real time will consume memory whenever reload is required.

I have not experienced this personally.

Its always recomended to be updated with latest version.

But I suggest you to wait for Servise release 2 for version 10.

Which will be going to released by the end of this month.

Also make a note that as qlikview is in memory analysis tool it will required high ram.

Appropriate ram required can be calculated upon compleation on application developement.

Also I suggest to go with 64 bit P.C instead of 32 as performance with 64 bit is higher then that of 32 bit

Hope this helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

sergio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you very much ASHFAQ