Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server 10.0 Section Access Keeps Breaking

Hi,

I am hoping I could get some tips on how to solve a reoccuring problem that I have been experiencing with Section Access in QlikViewServer 10.0. I  added Section Access to one of my workbooks in order to reduce data access at two levels: Director and Manager. Data reduction seems to work fine on my local computer. Also, when the workbook is initially loaded to the server, it  seems to work fine. However, when any change is made to the security file that includes ACCESS, USERID, NTNAME, DIRECTOR and MANAGER, it  breaks and any of the valid userids in the security file seems to have access to all the data.

Any suggestions that can help with resolving this will be appreciated greatly. Perhaps suggestions on how to complete the following reload schedule page might help. Thanks. Maria

QVReloadSchedule.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

When section access is active, and users can see all data, it usually means that "Strict Exclusion" is disabled, and there is no match for the user in section access.  In QlikView Desktop, under Settings -> Document Properties -> Opening, are the "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" and "Strict Exclusion" boxes checked?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Does security only break when you reload it on the server?  What happens if you pull the document that's been reloaded on the server back to your local machine and try to open it?

Where is the section access definition stored?  In the QVW or externally like in an Excel file?  If external, is the security list different locally versus on the server?  Sometimes people forget to deploy the Excel section access definition file too.

Gary

Not applicable
Author

Gary,

Thanks for your interest in helping to resolve this issue. I downloaded the QVW file and the security definition (which is in an Excel file) to my local machine, reloaded and tested using a login name that should only have access to a reduced dataset. Section access did not work as expected because this login name was able to view all the data.

Do you have any additional suggestions that I can try. Thanks.

Maria

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

When section access is active, and users can see all data, it usually means that "Strict Exclusion" is disabled, and there is no match for the user in section access.  In QlikView Desktop, under Settings -> Document Properties -> Opening, are the "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" and "Strict Exclusion" boxes checked?

Not applicable
Author

Gary,

Thank you. We implemented your suggestion and it seems to be working.

Maria