Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gully
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView Server Logs not created on start of new day

We are using QlikView April 2019

How do I get the QlikView server to start a new log each day ?

e.g 

Events_servername_2020-01-03

Events_servername_2020-01-02

Events_servername_2020-01-01

Our QlikView Server is no longer creating Events, Sessions, Performance and Audit logs for each new day in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer.

As a result, each log keeps on getting bigger and bigger. The only way we can create a new log is to restart the QlikView Service. Is there any settings I am overlooking ? The setup on the QMC is below:

Logging.PNG

Thanks,

Gully.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Gully, I would suspect something has gone sideways in your QVS Settings.ini file, have a look in there to confirm the settings you have made in the QMC are what is showing up in the ini file...  If you want to attach it, feel free, and you can just copy paste the [Settings 7] section, do not need the info in the [Authentication] section.  That is really the only thing of which I can think, but if when you restart the service, things are working, there is one other possibility I think, and that would be the IniData.pgo being corrupted and not working properly, so you can check that a couple of ways.  When you stop the QVS service, that ini file should go away, it should be recreating on the restart of the service...  There is also a Settings.ini setting called PgoAsXmlAlso=1, which will create an xml version of the files when the pgos are created, so you can see what is in them, you do not want to run that all the time in production though, it has a pretty significant performance impact just FYI.  I think that covers things, shout back if you have further questions or find something you cannot figure out.  I am going to be out the next week after today though, so I will not be able to reply back until then if you miss me today.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Gully, I would suspect something has gone sideways in your QVS Settings.ini file, have a look in there to confirm the settings you have made in the QMC are what is showing up in the ini file...  If you want to attach it, feel free, and you can just copy paste the [Settings 7] section, do not need the info in the [Authentication] section.  That is really the only thing of which I can think, but if when you restart the service, things are working, there is one other possibility I think, and that would be the IniData.pgo being corrupted and not working properly, so you can check that a couple of ways.  When you stop the QVS service, that ini file should go away, it should be recreating on the restart of the service...  There is also a Settings.ini setting called PgoAsXmlAlso=1, which will create an xml version of the files when the pgos are created, so you can see what is in them, you do not want to run that all the time in production though, it has a pretty significant performance impact just FYI.  I think that covers things, shout back if you have further questions or find something you cannot figure out.  I am going to be out the next week after today though, so I will not be able to reply back until then if you miss me today.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Gully
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, Brett.

Thanks for your response.

We had previously restarted the service without success. However, we then went the next step of restarting the whole server as we suspected that the issue had been caused by the server dropping out unplanned. This seemed to correct the QVS Settings.ini.

Cheers,

Gully