Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server installation on ioDrive

Hi,

I am considering to install QlikView Server on ioDrive.

http://www.fusionio.com/products/iodrive/

Does QlikView support those kind of hardware? I assume ioDrive is something like SSD.

Best Regards,

xaqzaq30

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Daniel is correct. If you do decide to use it, you need to make sure Delay Write is disabled. This can cause problems with the reading and writing to the PGO files used by QV server.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I don't think it makes that much sense, why not just use a regular hard drive? do you have any specific performance requirements?

QlikView isn't that intensive in hard drive use.

Not applicable
Author

I understand that QlikView relies more on memory. I am expecting somewhat benefit in I/O advantage for read/write QVW, QVD, shared and pgo files.

More importantly, what I would like to confirm is that QlikView can work properly with ioDrive.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Daniel is correct. If you do decide to use it, you need to make sure Delay Write is disabled. This can cause problems with the reading and writing to the PGO files used by QV server.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
bogdanionut_ior
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Did you install qlikview on the Fusion-io card? Did you notice any improvement from that, because we got the io2 and I tested on a big 25GB qvw and did not see any improvement from a regular drive. About the same time for reading and writing the file from/to disk. Any tips?

Thanks!

Bogdan

Not applicable
Author

Can this device be used as virtual memory and be recognized by QlikView?

Cheers