Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boonhaw_tan
Creator
Creator

QlikView Server memory spike when there is high concurrent session

Hi All,

I observed that QlikView Server memory usage spiked when number of concurrent sessions spiked. Would like understand how concurrent sessions impact memory usage in QlikView servers. Based on concurrent session figure below, can we explain that there were 36 new sessions access at the same times?

Memory Usage

boonhaw_tan_1-1647444467182.png

Concurrent Session

boonhaw_tan_3-1647444563880.png

Thanks,

Bon Haw

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @boonhaw_tan,

Have a look at the Qlik technical brief The Qlik Associative Engine memory management and CPU usage which describes how the Qlik Associative Engine uses system resources.  First, the QVW users open is loaded into cache and then each user's selections are cached as well. 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@boonhaw_tan

To understand why there are "unexpected" sessions, you can start by checking the session logs.

It will log start/stop time, uses name, client used etc.

The log can be a bit hard to read, so I usually copy the content to an excel file

where to find logs

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @boonhaw_tan,

Have a look at the Qlik technical brief The Qlik Associative Engine memory management and CPU usage which describes how the Qlik Associative Engine uses system resources.  First, the QVW users open is loaded into cache and then each user's selections are cached as well. 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
boonhaw_tan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for response Chip, I will look into Qlik technical brief.

Meanwhile, I would like understand a bit more on concurrent session. Example the figure shown below, can it explain as there are 36 new sessions access at the same time at 4am? The selection of each users are cached and cause memory spiked?

boonhaw_tan_0-1647485496427.png

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@boonhaw_tan

To understand why there are "unexpected" sessions, you can start by checking the session logs.

It will log start/stop time, uses name, client used etc.

The log can be a bit hard to read, so I usually copy the content to an excel file

where to find logs