Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhsharm5
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView Server sizing

Hi,

I have three different QlikView environments for three regions. Shortly all the three environments will receive some dashboards as part of an ongoing project, which will not only mean an increase in number of users, but also a steep increase in concurrent usage. I would therefore need help in assessing the current environment infra specs and recommendations on what we need to do to be ready for the surge in usage in near future.

I have listed the details of all three environments (infra specs as well as details of current/expected application and user/usage details). Will appreciate if you could help me with a recommendation for all the three environments.

Do let me know if any additional details required to make a more accurate recommendation.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This would be best addressed via our Services organization or a partner to assist you in a full use case/health check review to determine the proper sizing of things.  The only thing to which I could point you would be the Scalability area on Community where there are some load testing tools you could potentially use to put a load on the environment comparable to what you expect to ensure the performance meets expectations, but that is about the best I can do, as I cannot offer advice otherwise via this channel, there are simply too many things in play of which we do not know in order to try to make recommendations, so again, the best thing would be to engage our services team to assist you in a review of things providing recommendations, or you can check out the Scalability area and the tools there.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Scalability/gp-p/qlik-scalability

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This would be best addressed via our Services organization or a partner to assist you in a full use case/health check review to determine the proper sizing of things.  The only thing to which I could point you would be the Scalability area on Community where there are some load testing tools you could potentially use to put a load on the environment comparable to what you expect to ensure the performance meets expectations, but that is about the best I can do, as I cannot offer advice otherwise via this channel, there are simply too many things in play of which we do not know in order to try to make recommendations, so again, the best thing would be to engage our services team to assist you in a review of things providing recommendations, or you can check out the Scalability area and the tools there.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Scalability/gp-p/qlik-scalability

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.