Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QlikView Task Error: Document was forcibly closed.

There is a warning message that didn't appear before.

I don't know why.
let me know if you know 

seheon_1-1670482764926.png

Labels (4)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

To start, it is best to put of the whole log and not a screen capture. If need be you can change the server name in the logs.

This warning means that when the QVB tried to closed the document it wasn't able to, so it had to force close it.

The reason for this issue is that the document could not be closed within QlikView Distribution Service default timeout (16 seconds). After timeout is reached the QVB.EXE process is terminated and the distribution task fails. 

This can be solved by modifying the QlikView Distribution Service timeout. 

1. Stop QlikView Distribution Service
  2. Modify QlikView Distribution Service configuration file, C:/Program Files/QlikView/Distribution Service/QVDistributionService.exe.config
  3. Add the line below in the <appSettings>....</appSettings> section <add key="SecondsToWaitBeforeQVBKill" value="60"/>
  4. Note, the value 60 defines the number of seconds before timeout.
  5. Start QlikView Distribution Service
Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

It can be set to a large enough value to allow for task to run successfully. You may need to experiment with the setting until you find the appropriate value.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

To start, it is best to put of the whole log and not a screen capture. If need be you can change the server name in the logs.

This warning means that when the QVB tried to closed the document it wasn't able to, so it had to force close it.

The reason for this issue is that the document could not be closed within QlikView Distribution Service default timeout (16 seconds). After timeout is reached the QVB.EXE process is terminated and the distribution task fails. 

This can be solved by modifying the QlikView Distribution Service timeout. 

1. Stop QlikView Distribution Service
  2. Modify QlikView Distribution Service configuration file, C:/Program Files/QlikView/Distribution Service/QVDistributionService.exe.config
  3. Add the line below in the <appSettings>....</appSettings> section <add key="SecondsToWaitBeforeQVBKill" value="60"/>
  4. Note, the value 60 defines the number of seconds before timeout.
  5. Start QlikView Distribution Service
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Why can't I close the document within the QlikView Distribution Service default timeout period?

SecondsToWaitBeforeQVBKill is set to 80 because I modified it in the past.
But I keep getting this error.

What should I do?

Please answer.

seheon_3-1671007709177.png

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If the system is busy, you might try a higher value.

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

How high can I set it?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

It can be set to a large enough value to allow for task to run successfully. You may need to experiment with the setting until you find the appropriate value.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!