cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BuTbka
Creator
Creator

QlikView distributing speed

We found that when we use option distribute to QlikView server distribution process is around 2 times slower then when we use option distribute to folder. We are tried with the same tasks that distribute to same path.

Distribute to QV server is more comfortable(we can change path for tasks groups in one place) but slower. Is there any way to speed up it?

QlikView April 2020 SR4

BuTbka_0-1624346027433.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@BuTbka 

Distributing to Server is a more complex operation so it does take a bit longer.

I don't know that there are any way to speed up the distribution specifically, but I'm attaching a document that has a lot of information on scaling and optimizing the publisher.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Scaling-the-QlikView-Publisher/ta-p/1717686

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@BuTbka,

In addition to what Maria has stated, when using a Server distribution, you also have to consider all of the actions the server is performing in addition to the QDS distribution.  When distributing to a folder, the folder is just a static location.  It's not rendering visualizations, performing calculations, etc.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@BuTbka 

Distributing to Server is a more complex operation so it does take a bit longer.

I don't know that there are any way to speed up the distribution specifically, but I'm attaching a document that has a lot of information on scaling and optimizing the publisher.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Scaling-the-QlikView-Publisher/ta-p/1717686

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@BuTbka,

In addition to what Maria has stated, when using a Server distribution, you also have to consider all of the actions the server is performing in addition to the QDS distribution.  When distributing to a folder, the folder is just a static location.  It's not rendering visualizations, performing calculations, etc.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!