Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

QlikView documents fail to save

Hello
we have QlikView Server 12.10 SR3
Tasks that are defined on documents that prepare QVD files run successfully but when running on dashboards (500MB) these tasks keep running for over 17 hours and we have to manually stop these tasks and we get the below error in the tasks log:

(11/20/2019 2:32:34 PM) Information: Start saving document

(11/21/2019 7:44:07 AM) Information: DistributeTask[c2a6761b-5814-483d-ab49-b49a56f9ca20] ("1-Prod CES: Customer Case Analysis Dashboard - PEGA @ 9441"): TryAbort. Triggered by 'ManualAbortTrigger'. Id:00000001-0002-0003-0405-0607080c0b0a. ExecID:d429c43a-a94f-47d2-a30d-25dd3312aaf4
and when I stopped the task the following error was logged:

(11/21/2019 7:44:07 AM) Information: Check in document: \\qlikprd\Source Documents\1-PROD\Customer Case Analysis Dashboard\QVW\Customer Case Analysis Dashboard - PEGA.qvw

(11/21/2019 7:44:07 AM) Information: Closing the document.

(11/21/2019 7:44:07 AM) Error: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. || at QlikView.Doc.SaveAs(String _FileName, Int16 _Format) || at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName)

(11/21/2019 7:44:07 AM) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=10608

(11/21/2019 7:44:07 AM) Error: The task "1-Prod CES: Customer Case Analysis Dashboard - PEGA @ 9441" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. || at QlikView.Doc.SaveAs(String _FileName, Int16 _Format) || at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

(11/21/2019 7:44:07 AM) Information: Task Execute Duration=17:11:47.7897989

knowing that the location at which the document is saved is excluded from AntiVirus scan

kindly advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ali, is this a duplicate post, as I seem to recall having touched one earlier today I think?  If so, we likely need to link the two at this point given there are posts on both now.  I cannot recall what I said on the other one, the best suggestion I have would be to check your Desktop Memory Heap setting in the Windows Registry on the QDS server and see what it is set to, if it is default 768MB, I would bump that to at least 2048MB instead, here is an article link to assist you in checking that:

Desktop Heap Size & QVB Engines... 

That is first thing I would check on this one, if that does not work, we can try something else, but that is the most logical from what I can tell given the messaging you are getting.  I would also recommend you consider updating your environment to the latest SR which is SR11, 12.10.2090 is the full build...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Some troubleshooting of files not saving/locked files:

• Does it happen when you manually reload that file using Desktop?
  • Is that the product of a distribution or just reload?
  • Does that task fail always or only under certain circumstances?
  • Does that happen with that file in particular or any other files?
  • After you stop the reload or when it's not reloading, can you open and save the file, or change its name?
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

When manually reloaded using desktop it works fine

When we run the task as per the log file it reloads, then it stops at when it starts to save the document we can see the tmp file and its size is the same as the original qvw file but the task is stuck at this stage and keeps showing as running for as long as it is not manually stopped when we manually stop the task the error i mentioned above is logged

Sometimes the task runs successfully then it stops working (randomly)

Yes we can change the name of the file...

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Today we noticed a weird behavior
we ran ProcMon to monitor what might be going wrong during saving the document
and the tasks run successfully
whereas when we turned off this monitoring tool the tasks fail

we repeated this several times and the result is that whenever we run the monitoring took the tasks won't fail whereas when we turn off this monitoring tool the tasks fail

Any clue?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ali, is this a duplicate post, as I seem to recall having touched one earlier today I think?  If so, we likely need to link the two at this point given there are posts on both now.  I cannot recall what I said on the other one, the best suggestion I have would be to check your Desktop Memory Heap setting in the Windows Registry on the QDS server and see what it is set to, if it is default 768MB, I would bump that to at least 2048MB instead, here is an article link to assist you in checking that:

Desktop Heap Size & QVB Engines... 

That is first thing I would check on this one, if that does not work, we can try something else, but that is the most logical from what I can tell given the messaging you are getting.  I would also recommend you consider updating your environment to the latest SR which is SR11, 12.10.2090 is the full build...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.