Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex13
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView server doesn`t see all processor cores on a server

Hello!

The customer uses a server on Xeon Platinum 8260, RAM 1,2 Tb, VMware virtualization system.

The virtual machine has 2 processors with 44 cores each. Previously, there was a virtual machine on based 1 processor with 44 cores. Later, it was transferred to 2 processors of 88 cores. The problem is that QlikView server sees only 44 cores. Although in fact there are 2 processors of 44 cores each on the machine. How to make QlikView server see all processor cores and load them all properly?

3 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello!

Does this sound like what you're experiencing? CPU Affinity in QlikView Server (QVS) Does Not Show All CPU Cores.

In summary: This issue can be resolved by changing the BIOS setting "NUMA Group Size" to "Flat".
The default setting for "NUMA Group Size" disables QlikView from properly detecting all CPU cores in the hardware, and thereby

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
alex13
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for advice, Sonya. We tried to solve the problem in this way. But the customer has a truncated bios and similar settings just do not have.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would be willing to bet the VM environment is the issue in this case, so if they want to see all cores, they may need to get up with the VM vendor(s) to have them look into things on their side to see if they can tweak anything to allow us to see everything.  As far as I am aware, we are just using standard Windows API calls via .Net Framework to get/request that information from the OS etc., so that is maybe the other thing to confirm, that in Windows Task Manager and the Performance tab settings you are seeing the full number of cores there too, as if not, then that definitely confirms something up at VM level...  Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

The only other thing would be to check the QVS Settings.ini file to be sure there are no core related settings there that may be the cause.  Bit difficult for me to explain fully, so if you are not sure about any settings in there, if you can post the ones you are unsure of, I can check those for you to see if they may be in play.  The ones of which I am thinking being with MaxCore...  If you see any of those, you may want to stop the QVS service, remove those and then restart and see if that does anything.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.