Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QlikView server edition version 10.20.12235.0 SR5 64 Bit

Hi Qlik Forum,

Maybe a simple question but I have to know it for sure. I have to migrate a QlikView server environment (Windows 2008) to another server (Windows 2016). I did a short inventarisation and see that the software version is 10.20.12235.0 SR5 64 Bit. For your information, my knowledge is more on QlikSense.

I did make a search on the internet but I can not find anything about this version. I think it's very very very old.

Does anybody have more info about this version? Is this compatible with Windows server 2016? I think it's not but I have to know it for sure.

Thank you for your answer. Have a nice day!

Kind regards,

Martijn Wanders

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Are you sure you are not using 11.20 12235? neither 10 or 11.20 supports windows 2016 but 11.20 is in support for a bit longer and it is easier to upgrade to a version that does support Windows  2016

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

QlikView 10 did no thave Windows 2016 support. 

It's also been out of support for years, and an upgrade is highly recommended. 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Are you sure you are not using 11.20 12235? neither 10 or 11.20 supports windows 2016 but 11.20 is in support for a bit longer and it is easier to upgrade to a version that does support Windows  2016

mwanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your answers. It's really the 10.20 version.

mwanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks!

LanBiteam
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello Maria,

could I ask what do you mean by "not support" in this case? If I run the installation file of QlikView 10 on Windows 2016. Does the file throw error message that the System requirement is not fullfilled? Or will the installation go through, but I cannot use QlikView afterwords? 

I need the info to give better consultation for the customer. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Lan

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@mwanders  Qlikview version 10.20 is not Supported on Windows 2016.

As per System Requirement Qlikview version 10 ; below are the Supported Operating Systems

• Microsoft® Windows Server 2003 ™ including x64 Edition
• Microsoft® Windows Server 2008 ™ including x64 Edition
• Microsoft® Windows XP™ including x64 Edition*
• Microsoft® Windows Vista™ including x64 Edition*
• Microsoft® Windows 7 including x64 Edition*

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@mwanders  To successfully install and run QlikView Server/Publisher, the requirements listed must be fulfilled by the target system.   Support for Windows 2016 started with Qlikview 11.20 SR 18

https://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/qlikview/11.20/13707/QlikView%2011.2%20SR18%20System%20Requirem...

• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2012
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2016

To understand that Version 10 is reached end of support and very much outdated please refer to below article it does not even make the list.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Support-Lifecycle/QlikView-Product-Lifecycle/ta-p/1826339