Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Mulholland
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView tasks not displaying after server migration

We have migrated out QlikView April 2020 SR4 environment to new servers (2012-2019) using temporary license keys provided by Qlik.  I have followed the migration steps from the Qlik help docs and the "Worry Free Migration for QlikView".  

I used the xml DB viewer power tool to update the machine names in the restored QVPR files.   When I start services back up i can see the tasks.  However after a server reboot or service restart the tasks disappear and I get the "No Tasks to Display" message.  Is there something I'm missing? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
J_Mulholland
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks again Albert.  I figured out the problem.  I must have misinterpreted the steps.  I did not restore all the required files in the QlikTech folder so the task folders were missing from the DistributionService folder.  Seems to be fine now

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @J_Mulholland,

Thanks for posting.

When rebooting/restarting the services, do you see any errors on the Distribution/QMS logs and is also the QMS logs reporting any hint about the tasks, like XX tasks saved.

On the other hand, are such environment using a Publisher license? When the tasks have gone, do you still see all the Source Documents listed on its tab on the QMC, if yes, I assume the documents have no tasks associated to the qvw files.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
J_Mulholland
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Albert.  

the only clues in the log files I see are these below-

20220311T094200.842-0500 Information BeginSaveTasks START
20220311T094200.849-0500 Information BeginSaveTasks Handle returned: 83058ba9-f541-4b90-876d-d33dbe85e2e6
20220311T094200.887-0500 Information Tasks reset: Number of QMS tasks differ from number of QDS tasks
20220311T094200.887-0500 Information EndSaveTasks

We do not have a publisher license for the old environment or the new environment.   And yes, when the tasks are gone I no longer see the Source documents.  

J_Mulholland
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks again Albert.  I figured out the problem.  I must have misinterpreted the steps.  I did not restore all the required files in the QlikTech folder so the task folders were missing from the DistributionService folder.  Seems to be fine now

Albert_Candelario

Thanks for letting us know @J_Mulholland , I am glad we could find the culprit of it.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer