Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elodie_blondel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlikview 11 : No Server message

Hello, i've been experiencing an issue for a couple of weeks now on our Qlikview server

Frequently, i receive the message : " No server " when i try to reach the accesspoint through my browser.

When i refresh the page it disappears, and if i refresh again it reappears.

I'm talking about this message :

elodie_blondel_0-1650027604279.png

But then, without any reason, after several minutes, it can totally works perfectly again

My Qlikview server's service is up while the problems occurs.

I tried to restart it, but the problem appears again and again, several time on the week.

I checked my event log, and i found out this line : Error CQvXmlInterfaceRequestHandler - Catch: Threw an error...

I don't have more information about it.

Someone already experienced the same thing ?

Thank You

Regards

Labels (1)
  • Other

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @elodie_blondel

In my experience, the error you're referencing, Error CQvXmlInterfaceRequestHandler - Catch: Threw an error..., isn't typically a root cause, but is symptomatic of the No Server message.  There are dozens of iterations of this error that can be returned and article What does each CQvXmlInterfaceRequest Handler mean? provides their meanings.  For dealing with the No Server error, suggest you start by reviewing article QlikView: Organized way to troubleshoot "No Server" error.  Ensure that your QlikView Server logging verbosity is set to High so that pertinent information will be captured when you need to perform log review. 

Also note that QlikView Server versions 11.00/11.20 have long been deprecated for support.  So you would need to upgrade to a supported version (12.60) in order to received assistance from Qlik Support.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Albert_Candelario

Hello @elodie_blondel,

I agree with @Chip_Matejowsky  and I would also suggest to check the QVWS/IIS logs to see if there is any connectivity issue between the QVWS/IIS and the QVS.

I am also wondering if those services are on the same machine or not and if some kind of performance issue is happening when the "No Server" pop-up is displayed.

Get a proper timestamp on when the issue happened and check the logs with the highest verbosity as well as the Windows ones and potentially a Performance monitor .

This should help to determinate the root cause of the issue or at least narrow it down.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @elodie_blondel

In my experience, the error you're referencing, Error CQvXmlInterfaceRequestHandler - Catch: Threw an error..., isn't typically a root cause, but is symptomatic of the No Server message.  There are dozens of iterations of this error that can be returned and article What does each CQvXmlInterfaceRequest Handler mean? provides their meanings.  For dealing with the No Server error, suggest you start by reviewing article QlikView: Organized way to troubleshoot "No Server" error.  Ensure that your QlikView Server logging verbosity is set to High so that pertinent information will be captured when you need to perform log review. 

Also note that QlikView Server versions 11.00/11.20 have long been deprecated for support.  So you would need to upgrade to a supported version (12.60) in order to received assistance from Qlik Support.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Albert_Candelario

Hello @elodie_blondel,

I agree with @Chip_Matejowsky  and I would also suggest to check the QVWS/IIS logs to see if there is any connectivity issue between the QVWS/IIS and the QVS.

I am also wondering if those services are on the same machine or not and if some kind of performance issue is happening when the "No Server" pop-up is displayed.

Get a proper timestamp on when the issue happened and check the logs with the highest verbosity as well as the Windows ones and potentially a Performance monitor .

This should help to determinate the root cause of the issue or at least narrow it down.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

"When I refresh the page it disappears, and if I refresh again it reappears."  Sounds like a cluster system and one of the QVS servers is offline.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.