Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waldovangraan
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlikview 12.40 OPENID SSO Accesspoint Issue

Hi,

I have a problem when logging in via an OPENID SSO session into Accesspoint where it shows my UserID, but says NO SERVER in red. 

We are running a split environment with the IIS Server on one side and the rest on another all on Windows Server 2012 R2.

The servers were linked with certificates before we started with the Authentication. 

In short - we hit our public address, gets redirected to the login page, log in, creates a webticket using OAuth2.0, gets to Accesspoint but it looks like it cannot log in.

Also getting error : "Error The QlikView Server returned a error ('QVSERVER:4747')"

We do not have any directory connectors set up as it is not authenticating against anything.  IIS set up as anonymous.

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That means, usually, that the web server cannot see any QlikView Server available.

Is there any way you can test first without SSO, to make sure that all configuration and certificate trust between IIS and QlikView are working?

See troubleshooting steps at https://support.qlik.com/articles/000018574

waldovangraan
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Miguel,

I reverted the server back to use CUSTOM login - when using the formlogin screen, it gives me an issue "Error Exception when trying to resolve groups for custom user: CUSTOM\KOOS Exception CDSP did not respond to request. Last exception... ANY did not respond to request. Last exception...  The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:29.9843766."

I already went through the process to set all to TLS1.2 as per document.  also changes all from http to https without any change.

I just cannot figure out why it is complaining about the groups.  the account used for services is part of the QLIKVIEW Administrators group on both servers.

waldovangraan
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I figured out the problem with the server - it was all down to the web.config file not having the correct auth values.  It is VERY sensitive.  

Now with a new issue - I have placed a blank model onto the server called Black Model.qvw to see if I can access it and then to start and play with section access.  When logging in OR with a custom user OR with a NT user it just opens the model onto the loading page and does not move further.  In the Event log I get:

500 Warning System: MetaService - HasAccess: Empty User has found. Access deny into document Blank Model.qvw

Has anybody come across this yet? 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @waldovangraan,

The error you are referencing typically relates to file access issues with the file share/server which houses the QlikView Root folder and the document mounts as configured in the QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Server > QVS@ > Folders tab. Refer to the Qlik Support article "QlikView AccessPoint displays No Server - Event logs record file access problems".

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Waldo, the group issues are around the Directory Service Connector, but if you had not configured any groups in your Custom Directory DSP, I am not sure why it would be throwing errors at that point.  The key thing to grasp here is when you use SSO setups, generally the Directory Service becomes responsible for doing Group lookups for the user provided unless you are passing those in with your GetWebTicket request...  With no DSC configured, there is going to be no group resolution, but the other key piece you did not explain is how the QVS Client security is configured here, NTFS or DMS and how you were setting access on the QVW file, which depends upon the NTFS/DMS question...  

If you are running in DMS mode, then the QVS is doing Authorization and users will have no access to any QVW file until you go into QMC\Documents\User Documents\the QVW in question and on the Authorization tab you grant either Anonymous, which I would not think you want to do, or you set up some users, but given you have no DSC configured, you would have to use the Manual Input line in that case.  DMS uses a string comparison of what is sent in to what it has in the .meta file associated with the QVW, if it finds a match, the user sees the app and can open etc., but if there is no match, then no app...

Hopefully this helps a bit further, but you appear to be missing some pieces you need here from what I can tell.  Please consider explaining what the initial issue was too, and then if you get the rest sorted, it would be great if you could let everyone know that as well, so others may benefit, you can mark that post as the solution after you post it using the Accept as Solution button...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
waldovangraan
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I do not believe this could be the issue as the root folder is located on a local drive and not a shared drive