Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AurelienL
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview 12.60 slower in data reload then Qlikview 11.20

We have upgraded our old Qlikview servers 11.20 to the newest Qlikview 12.60 version. However, reloads are painfully slow.

The old server was a VM, and we copied the exact same hardware configuration for the new one. We even added 2 more cores on the new server. However, running them side by side, Qlikview 12 is becoming painfull to watch at. Same data, same machines, newer version is the only difference

Qlikview 11.20 =>  1 hour of reload time

Qlikview 12.60 => Between 12 and 13 hour of reload time

I can't even let the users use the new server yet, because half of the reports can't get done within a 24 hour timeframe. I even lowered the amount of distribution services that can run (old one had 8, new one 6) but still there is no increase in getting this quicker. What can be done? With upgrading, it feels like taking 20 steps back.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @AurelienL,

With an upgrade spanning this many major release versions (11.20 to 12.60), QV has changed quite a bit; especially the Distribution Service. I suspect you are running into QDS overload protection (introduced in v12.10), or you are waiting for QVB engines to be assigned for reload/distribution tasks.

This type of issue would be best addressed by opening a Qlik Support case IMO, so suggest you reach out to Qlik Support and do that.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @AurelienL,

With an upgrade spanning this many major release versions (11.20 to 12.60), QV has changed quite a bit; especially the Distribution Service. I suspect you are running into QDS overload protection (introduced in v12.10), or you are waiting for QVB engines to be assigned for reload/distribution tasks.

This type of issue would be best addressed by opening a Qlik Support case IMO, so suggest you reach out to Qlik Support and do that.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!