Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColleenC
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlikview April 2019 and IIS AccessPoint Issue

Hi

I have installed Qlikview April 2019 on to a new server (Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard) and I am struggling to get AccessPoint to work. The IIS version is 10.0 17763.1

I have done a search and tried various suggestions and it does seem to be a setting between the QMC and the IIS Site set up that is probably causing it but most of the suggestions are based on earlier versions of the software so I am not sure how applicable they are for the here and now ...

The issues I run in to with the suggestions are that under the IIS Site that I have created I see all the AccessPoint, Qlikview, etc folders but I don't see the AccessPoint.aspx file that gets mentioned in the other posts. So I am not sure if that is a set up issue or something has changed in the newer versions of the software?

The other thing that gives me a problem is in the QMC if I try and change the Authorisation under the Security tab from NTFS to DMS I get an error message saying DMS Authorisation is denied by licence ... why would that be?

I would really appreciate some assistance as no one on this side has been able to help me.

Thanks

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Colleen, let's do the easy one first, the DMS v NTFS is working as expected, check the License Enabler File (LEF) of the QlikView Server license, as there should be a line in there that says something along the lines of Prohibit DMS...  That you would need to take up with the account/partner manager.

Regarding the other issue, the AccessPoint.aspx is integral to the functioning of things and has not changed in April 2019 release, so something appears to have gone wrong in the installation of things.  I would probably recommend trying the QilkView Web Server in this case instead and see if it works, as if it does, then you know for sure there is an issue with IIS.  I would recommend just using our web server in that case unless there is a specific reason you are looking to use IIS instead, for example Single-Sign-on solution or something along those lines, but if this is a basic installation etc., our web server will be much easier, and we fully support it.  Hopefully this helps you move things forward.

Oh, one last thing, be sure you did choose the Client Files component when you installed things to the IIS server, as that is what installs all the web pages and their supporting js files etc.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.