Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vidyarani
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Dashboards are not publishing to Access point

Hi All,

I hope you all are doing well.

All our Qlikview Dashboards are not getting published to access point. 

Tasks are running perfectly fine. Can someone help me why this happens and  what's the solution to fix this issue.

Dashboards are getting published when I press the run button over qmc however when it's running on scheduled time it's failing to publish it to access point.

Can someone help me with this asap.

Thanks and Regards,

Vidyarani

Labels (1)
  • Other

16 Replies
vidyarani
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip,

Dashboards are being published to access point if I set the scheduled task to run on hourly basic which means it's expecting reload task to run on hourly basis .  if I change the frequency to once in a day (refresh schedule) . Dashboard disappears sometime after the reload.

Any idea on why this happens?

Thanks and Regards,

Vidyarani

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@vidyarani,

Do these tasks fail?  If yes, you'll need to review the QDS task logs to check for any errors/warnings.  If no, then you should review the Distribute tab of the task in QMC > Documents > Source Documents > name of QVW > name of task to see what you have configured.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
vidyarani
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chip,

Tasks are not failing . Every time it expects the Dashboard to be refreshed in order publish into access point.

Lets say I have a Sales Dashboard which is scheduled to refresh once in a day. Lets say morning 9 am.

Ideally Dashboard should appear over access point no matter what frequency you have set however, this is not happening presently. when sales Dashboard has finished reload . it appears for a while and it disappears.

Example:

We have 5 Dashboards running between 9 am to 5 pm.  Users are able to see the Dashboard between 9 am to 5pm . After 5 pm Dashboards are getting disappeared.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidyarani

vidyarani
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi chip,

please see the below screenshots and it appears that they are very old.

could you please let me know  procedure to get the latest Tasklog files.

vidyarani_0-1634895811908.png

vidyarani_1-1634895867239.png

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@vidyarani  You can find your current Distribution Service App folder by looking in the QMC. See screenshot attached. Whatever path is in that section is where you are going to find the current logsQV distribution App folder.png

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
vidyarani
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the quick response.

Please see the attached logs. 

As I have mentioned earlier, tasks are running as expected however dashboards are disappearing from access point if frequency of refresh is less. 

Example: sales dashboard is been set to refresh 7am in the morning. Ideally I should be able to see the Dashboard in access point throughout the day no matter whether you refresh hourly or once in a day but that's not  happening here. Sales dashboard which is set to refresh at  7 am is disappearing after some period of time.

which means it is expecting dashboard to refreshed every now and then in order to publish the dashboard to access point.

Could you please help me on this ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vidyarani

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

You have attached the QlikView Server Events, Session, and Performance logs, which are not relevant to your question.  What we've been asking for are the QDS Task and Document logs of the QVW associated with the reload/distribution task you say isn't updating on the AccessPoint.  The screen capture Lucas previously provided shows where you should look in your QMC for the QDS AppData folder location - this is where your task logs should be configured to be. The file path \1\Log\DateOfTask\NameOfTask would be appended to what you have listed in entry box for Application Data Folder for the Task log.  Please review this log for errors or warnings and attach to this thread if you can.  See the Service: QDS (Distribution Service) section of the Qlik Support article How To Collect QlikView Server Log Files for details.

Also, do you have Section Access applied to this QVW?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!