Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucasx15
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Desktop License Validation

Hi, all!
I have a problem, I'm trying to validate my qlikview desktop license on the server, through the "Connect to Server" option.
After entering the path and access credentials and clicking connect, Qlikview desktop simply freezes. And when opening the Manager of tasks, the Qlikview consuming process stays at 0%.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@lucasx15 ,

You'll want to ensure that both the QV Desktop client and the QV Server are running the same build versions. So suggest that you download the 12.10.XX version of QV Desktop to match the QV Server version. There are 11 service releases of 12.10, so need to know the full build version of the QV Server (e.g. 12.10.20900). You can check in QMC > System > About for the full build version of QV Server. Let me know what that is and I'll provide you a link to download the QV Desktop client of that build version.

Also, ensure port 4747 is open to the QV Server on the computer you are running QV Desktop on. If it isn't, you won't be able to connect via the QVP protocol.

Note: Both versions 12.60 and 12.10 are past their support end dates, reaching end of life in May 2022 and November 2019 respectively. We strongly suggest that you upgrade to supported versions of QlikView - May 2023 (12.80) and May 2022 (12.70).

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @lucasx15,

What is the build version of the QlikView Desktop client and the build version of the QlikView Server?

Best Regards

lucasx15
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Qlikview Desktop 12.60 and Qlikview Server 12.10.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@lucasx15 ,

You'll want to ensure that both the QV Desktop client and the QV Server are running the same build versions. So suggest that you download the 12.10.XX version of QV Desktop to match the QV Server version. There are 11 service releases of 12.10, so need to know the full build version of the QV Server (e.g. 12.10.20900). You can check in QMC > System > About for the full build version of QV Server. Let me know what that is and I'll provide you a link to download the QV Desktop client of that build version.

Also, ensure port 4747 is open to the QV Server on the computer you are running QV Desktop on. If it isn't, you won't be able to connect via the QVP protocol.

Note: Both versions 12.60 and 12.10 are past their support end dates, reaching end of life in May 2022 and November 2019 respectively. We strongly suggest that you upgrade to supported versions of QlikView - May 2023 (12.80) and May 2022 (12.70).

Best Regards