Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santonien
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Distribution Service stops working

Hello,

QDS has been working find for years but just has started to have issues in the last couple of days given no configuration or server setting changes.

Issues are

1) tasks are failing to reload

2) task stuck at running status

3) task finished reloading but not distributing.

So far I seem to resolve 1 & 2 by deleting  all TaskResult* log file \Qlikview_Root\40.QDS Logs\TaskResults and starting the server and services.

But for issue "3) task finished reloading but not distributing". It will successfully distributed for a couple of reload tasks and then fail again without any error in log file. 
Attached are sample log file (the one with distribution successful and one without successful), the one without basically having message "Performed quick completion with message: Performed quick completion, no recipients to distribute to. FilePackageContainerList.Count = 0".

I have tried change "Distribute to QlikView Server" to "Distribute to Folder", it seems to "fix" the issue. But I hope to find out the root cause and fix it properly.

Hope someone can help me with the queries. Thank you in advanced.

Cheers,
S

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
santonien
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We have found the issue which there are 2 Qlikview Management Services are running at the same time. After stopping Qlikview Management Service on publisher server, it seems everything stop breaking now 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
santonien
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Attached is another scenario where reloaded successfully, and distribution service started but error was raised.

Thanks,

S

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @santonien,

The below error contains System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  This typically refers to corruption in the QVPR.

Error The task "Reload NAP Audit Application Scheduled" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributeToResourcesFailedException: Distribute to resource failed. ---> System.Exception: GetRandomizedList exception ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. || at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, Dictionary`2 offeredDistributionList, String fullNtfsPathToFile) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, Dictionary`2 offeredDistributionList, String fullNtfsPathToFile) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

Suggest that you restore the QVPR to a date prior to when this issue began to occur and then try to run the reload and distribution again.  See article How To: Restore the QVPR From Backup or Recreate the QVPR for steps on how to restore the QVPR.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
santonien
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you, but the suggested solution doesn't work. Still the same error raised.

Kind Regards,

S

santonien
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We have found the issue which there are 2 Qlikview Management Services are running at the same time. After stopping Qlikview Management Service on publisher server, it seems everything stop breaking now 🙂