cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mithunjacob
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlikview License expiry

My company is decommissioning qlikview by Dec 31st, 2019. Basically, the license will expire on that day. I have few doubts.

1) After the license is expired, what happens to the corporate qlikview files? Can we open it in the server

2) Even if we can open, can we go for Edit Script to see the scripts?

3) Can we refresh it manually - without QMC and without publishing it?

The qlikview version is 11.20

Kindly answer if you are aware.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Sorry to read that your company is no longer interested in QlikView. Is there any chance we can help with that? I'd be happy to assist with that!

To your questions:

1. Any file and software will keep working just fine. What that expiry date means is that you will not able to upgrade to any newer version (the one you are using is currently on limited, extended support) and that you cannot log cases with Qlik Support. Any QVW will open normally and the services will also operate normally.
  2. Yes, you can edit the scripts.
  3. Yes, the server will keep leasing licenses to QlikView Desktop so you can reload the app locally instead of by a task.

View solution in original post

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

No changes. They will keep working as usual.

Check with your partner manager at Qlik if you want to review your license estate. If that license is perpetual (my guess based on the version of Qlik) the "only" (it's a big only, though) changes are

• While you technically can open cases with Support, Support will inform you that the license is no longer under maintenance and they will close the case
  • If you install a newer version, released after Dec 31, the services will start and you will see "Unlicensed" in the QMC.
  • If you don't change anything in your software, it will keep running as usual: server reboots will work, tasks will work, access and permissions will work and so forth. There is no watermark and users and developers will see no difference.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Sorry to read that your company is no longer interested in QlikView. Is there any chance we can help with that? I'd be happy to assist with that!

To your questions:

1. Any file and software will keep working just fine. What that expiry date means is that you will not able to upgrade to any newer version (the one you are using is currently on limited, extended support) and that you cannot log cases with Qlik Support. Any QVW will open normally and the services will also operate normally.
  2. Yes, you can edit the scripts.
  3. Yes, the server will keep leasing licenses to QlikView Desktop so you can reload the app locally instead of by a task.
mithunjacob
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you Miguel 🙂

mithunjacob
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Sorry, one last question - what happens to QMC and Access point?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

No changes. They will keep working as usual.

Check with your partner manager at Qlik if you want to review your license estate. If that license is perpetual (my guess based on the version of Qlik) the "only" (it's a big only, though) changes are

• While you technically can open cases with Support, Support will inform you that the license is no longer under maintenance and they will close the case
  • If you install a newer version, released after Dec 31, the services will start and you will see "Unlicensed" in the QMC.
  • If you don't change anything in your software, it will keep running as usual: server reboots will work, tasks will work, access and permissions will work and so forth. There is no watermark and users and developers will see no difference.
mithunjacob
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the quick reply 🙂