Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonmills_hsbc
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview Nov 18 - What error message do users see in Ajax if no licence is available for them?

I'm looking at updating our user guide and haven't been able to find out what message a user, accessing a qvw through AJAX, would see if there was no Session cal available for them at that time.

If you know that would be great - if you can tell me where the messages that users might see are defined that would be even better - especially if we can edit them!

Thanks

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Simon, I ran a test in 12.40 SR1, and this is the message I get there:

No Session CAL available.png

I am pretty confident same thing should be occurring in 12.30 track as well, hopefully this helps.  Oh, if you have a test environment, how I tested things easily was making use of the Limitations option in the QVS license:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Licenses_Qli...

This allows you to restrict your license, so in my case I set everything to 0 except Session CALs, which I set to a single CAL, which made it pretty easy to test things at that point.  Just be sure you reset things when you are done, and note this will clear any Named/User CAL/Document CAL assignments you have, so be careful if you do decide to use it! 🙂

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.