Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.
I've a Qlikview document reload by qlikview publisher 11.20 SR4. The reload is ok and the log shows me the message "Start Saving document".
This process taskes about 14 hours... too much...
This document is about 500 MB large and It's previously reloaded and published by an old server version 10. There the load and distribute process was completed corretly.
May some problem of timeout? I checked the reload process:
1) The file reload
2) The first .tmp file is created
3) The first .tmp file is canceled and a new xxxxxxxxxxxxxx_FILE_NAME.qvw.tmp is created.
After the creation of xxxxxxxxxxxxxx_FILE_NAME.qvw.tmp the execution seem to be suspended...
Anyone has the same issue? How can I fix the problem? Is it a bug?
Thank you for your help!
I have this problem too.
qvb.exe process that is doing something, but the tmp file is not modified.
If you rename a file xxxxxxxxxxxxxx_FILE_NAME.qvw.tmp in FILE_NAME.qvw, it opens normally, and it has been updated.
Qlikview 11.20 SR5
Similar issue here. This seems to be specific to one document in our case. Any ideas on how to deal with this, has anyone been able to solve this issue?
Is this isolated to one document, and other documents works fine?
Could you enable document log and setup loglevel on distributionservice to debug and then share the logfiles?
Is the qvw stored local on server or on a networkshare? What if you move the file to another disc and run it, same result?
only one document, other documents works fine ( Total 42 qvw )
same result if qvw stored local on server or on a networkshare.
The compression level does not affect
If it is only one Document and also from an older Version you can do two things which may can help.
- Reload in actual Desktop Client if not done before
- Recreate the Application using the Project Folder (see Video - Recreate a corrupted or deleted QVW file)
I have the same problem and i heard from the support that this bug fix, that is a different problem also fix the save time issue in sr5:
Bug #67400: QlikView SR4/SR5: Application hangs when SAVED but succeed when synthetic key is removed
I will try in 11.20 sr6 beta and let you know if this really resolve the problem.
I repeat, i have the same problem without synthetic keys in my application. I only has see this behavior in big applications, bigger than 600 MB.
I had the same problem with QV 11.20 SR5. After upgrading to SR6 the problem was solved. Seams to be a bug in the previous version. My document was taking around 3 hours to run and now it takes 3 min (the qvw is the same, nothing was changed).
Hope this helps,
Can confirm as well that SR6 solved the issue.
I see that working in one environment and not working with other one. Both having SR5.