cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview QMC Tasks Queuing Not Running

We have QV server 12.3 Nov 2018 Release. Its as working fine until 2 days ago all  the tasks are going into the Queue status and sit there for a long time before running. When I reboot the server it works fine for a day before it starts happening again. I checked the server resources they are good staying between 15 and 20%.

What can be wrong

2 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I found an information from Qlik:

QlikView 12.10 added an overload protection feature to its Distribution Service. This allows for task queues. It also introduced a queue system, which will allow for automatic staggering of scheduled tasks to prevent resource starvation on the host system.

If the values need to be reviewed and/or modified:

Review the Distribution Service configuration file found in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe.config

The default values are:

<!-- If the CPU usage % goes above this value the machine is considered overloaded and no new tasks will be started. -->
<add key="CpuOverloadLimit" value="75" />
<!-- If the memory usage % goes above this value the machine is considered overloaded and no new tasks will be started. -->
<add key="MemoryOverloadLimit" value="90" />

Note! Modifying these values may lead to consequential task and reload failures. We suggest to allow the operating system and QlikView Distribution service to manage load as recommended. 

A observed that sometimes tasks are displayed as queued but are started (or even finished) for many minutes.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

As Martin noted, there are some new settings, and changing those may or may not be wise depending upon how you are architected in your environment.  There are some other settings you can check upon though, see the following the article with the settings to be potentially tweaked in the Management and Distribution Services config files:

QMS/QDS Config best practices 

And here is another link to an article that contains a whitepaper the engineers put together on scaling the Publisher:

Scaling the QlikView Publisher 

The issue could be related to clutter building up in the QDS Application Data folder, in which case you will want to reduce the days of logging you keep on hand and some of the other folders etc.  Read through both articles above and the whitepaper, I think that should put you on a good track, shout if you have further questions on things once you get a chance to read them.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.