Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raj_qlik9
Contributor
Contributor

Qlikview QMC service Hot/Cold setup for redundency

Hi

Env: Qlikview - 4 Physical boxes

We are on Qlikview-V12 server, have 2 QVS and 2 QDS and 2 IIS server at highlevel.

I know we cannot have two active QMC managing same environment, for QMC it should be hot and Cold setup.

When QMC1 is up then other QMC2 should be down that needed to managed manually.

Are there any playbooks/steps that are defined to setup hot and Cold QMC setup?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Raj

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @raj_qlik9.

I was looking through some older documents and came across this attached QMS Primary-Secondary.docx. It's pretty old but I believe the overall framework is still applicable. In newer versions of QlikView Server/Publisher, the new Qlik License service is employed, so you would need to account for that.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@raj_qlik9 

You are right that it is important to not run two QlikView Management services (QMS), for the same configuration at the same time.

But it is not necessary to have any QMS running in the system. It is only needed for configuration.

Tasks will still run and you will be able to access the AccessPoint.

I will move this post to the QlikView admin board instead.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @raj_qlik9.

I was looking through some older documents and came across this attached QMS Primary-Secondary.docx. It's pretty old but I believe the overall framework is still applicable. In newer versions of QlikView Server/Publisher, the new Qlik License service is employed, so you would need to account for that.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
raj_qlik9
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Chip_Matejowsky , really appreciate it, we will try and let you know what goes.