Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rahul_03
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlikview: QMC task error

Hi,

We have an issue with one of our tasks. Today task completed with following warning. 

Warning: QVClient.ExecuteWithAttachments failed. Exception=System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A non-blocking socket operation could not be completed immediately || at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) || at QlikTech.NetClient.SocketComm.Send(Byte[] msg) || at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.SendAndReceive(Byte[] request) || at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Execute(Byte[] request) || at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.ExecuteWithAttachments(String request, Byte[][] attachments) || at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer.ExecuteWithAttachments(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Command, Byte[][] i_Attachments).

Anyone has an idea about this warning?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Rahul.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rahul_03
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Maria_Halley  & @PadmaPriya ,

We don't see this issue now. I think it was automatically resolved after next task run. But still we are not sure that what caused this issue. Thank you both for taking your time to look into this.

Regards

Rahul.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

What version of QlikView are you using?

Here are some general tips on the subject

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/QlikView-Checklist-For-Reload-Publisher-Task-Failure/ta...

Maria

Rahul_03
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Maria_Halley ,

Thanks for your response!

We are using Qlikview 12.5 SR4.

We recently encountered tasks going on to the "Unrunnable" state because QDS is hanging more often, so we added "ForceReadNotificationMilliseconds" on the QVDistributionService config file to communicate QDS and QMS more frequently. We also adjusted the chunk size on the QVManagementService config file.
After implementing those changes, we started receiving this warning for one of the tasks. Is it something to do with those changes?

Thanks & Regards
Rahul.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

I don't think these changes should give this error. 

Since it is only on document it could be something in the script. Can you check the script log?

Have you also checked the windows event logs?

PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @Rahul_03 

Error:

Warning: QVClient.ExecuteWithAttachments failed. Exception=System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A non-blocking socket operation could not be completed immediately

Possible causes:

- QlikView Services are under restart process
- Port is not opened or blocked by other processes
- Connection was dropped due to network issue

Solution:
Investigate in system environment for the possible causes listed above.

Thanks,
Padma Priya
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Rahul_03
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Maria_Halley  & @PadmaPriya ,

We don't see this issue now. I think it was automatically resolved after next task run. But still we are not sure that what caused this issue. Thank you both for taking your time to look into this.

Regards

Rahul.

PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @Rahul_03 

Thanks for your reply.

I am glad that issue has been solved. However if you have logs when issue reproduced, you may submit a case to qlik support.

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!